Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Shame on you Northeners
  • Pigface
    Free Member

For voting those cretins Griffin and Brons into the European Parliament.

Hang your heads in shame.

samuri
    Free Member

Sorry. They just put such a convincing argument forwards.

jonb
    Free Member

Wasn’t me! Labour “won” in the NE, surprises me that anybody could think that they would be the best to lead us. I know there is a pathalogical hatred of all things tory up here since Fatcha but still there are other parties. As for voting BNP, some people are stupid, some people are racists.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

it is a reaction to the southern stereotyping of people who live in the post industrial wasteland know as “the north”

or having David (oops I accidently claimed £13k for a non-existent mortgage, flipped my house 6 times in 5 years and paid off the kids bills) Chaytor as your parlimentarian

I voted and didn’t vote for the **** known as the “BNP”

there should be a referendum on having “none of the above” on every ballot paper

wors

Shame on you Northeners

thats what i thought. I live in Bolton too!

peakmonster
    Free Member

Watch out the liberals are about.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t tar all with the same brush. It is shame on the pathetic, stupid, ignorant and racist minority of those in one part of the North of England, that’s all.

Either way, it’s not a result I’m at all happy with. I have no desire to see Griffin and his ilk have any sort of representative power or presence for this country.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

racist minority

Not in this case…

grumm
    Free Member

Not in this case…

Look at how the voting system works – BNP actually came fifth but got in due to some weird PR system.

It is quite shameful, but I think a lot of it just reflects the dire financial situation in a lot of these post-industrial northern towns that have never really recovered from the death of heavy industry.

miketually
    Free Member

Lib, Lab and Con got one seat each in the North East. With just three seats, the minor parties were very unlikely to get in here, though UKIP pushed the Lib Dems very close for third!

52,700 racists in the North east; 8.9% of the vote.

Nick

one part of the North of England

I’d class the NW and Y&H as more than on part of the north of England…

Plus the nazis got almost 10% in Yorkshire, 1 in 10 voted NAZI.

YOU STUPID STUPID **** WHAT THE **** IS THE MATTER WITH YOU? ARE THE CURRENT LOT NOT BAD ENOUGH? YOU WANT IT WORSE BECAUSE?

Retards, God’s country my arse.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i feel sick knowing that he has a voice.
    hopefully he’ll get kicked out soon enough (considering he’s going to have to spend time in brussels, where holocaust denial is illegal)…

tails
    Free Member

I don’t normally post in these political rambling threads, but surely the OP is just trying to stir hatred on between the north and the south on this little corner of the internet.

miketually
    Free Member

some weird PR system

It’s a flaw/feature of the PR system that minority parties are more likely to get in. It does stop parties fighting over the centre ground, and means that the bigger minority parties get a chance to actually win something.

grumm
    Free Member

In the SE the BNP got over 100,000 votes (30,000 less than in the NW) and 4% of the vote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/euro/09/html/ukregion_35.stm

How ironic that people who are apparently angry about the BNP are making crass generalisations about a large group of people.

Norton
    Free Member

Unsurprising result and I suspect just a foretaste of things to come in a general election. The major parties have all abandoned the ordinary working class people of this country to pusue global capital and indeed have largely abandoned policies of any nature (how many on here for example could describe the differences between tory and labour education policy?).

From what I can see, large numbers of white working class people are now willing to overlook certain aspects of BNP policy in order to vote for a party whose other policies probably resemble ” old labour ” more than any other current party.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I don’t normally post in these political rambling threads, but surely the OP is just trying to stir hatred on between the north and the south on this little corner of the internet.

i would imagine that the OP is not actually claiming that all northerners are racists, merely pointing out how disappointing the results in North West and Yorkshire were. The main parties have to accept some responsibility for leaving so many people disillusioned with what they have to offer.

miketually
    Free Member

Unsurprising result and I suspect just a foretaste of things to come in a general election. The major parties have all abandoned the ordinary working class people of this country to pusue global capital and indeed have largely abandoned policies of any nature (how many on here for example could describe the differences between tory and labour education policy?).

And, ironically, bringing in the system that allowed the BNP to win EU seats for general elections as well would force Labour and the Conservatives to revert back toward their traditional positions, rather than fighting over a handful of swing voters in key seats.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’m furious and gutted 🙁

Esme
    Free Member

It’s not the people who voted BNP who should be ashamed. I respect their views. I think they’re wrong, but they are entitled to their opinions

The people I’m angry with are those who couldn’t be bothered to vote at all

grumm
    Free Member

Why? What if none of the parties had done enough to convince them/inform them of their policies? Should they just have voted for someone anyway to stop the BNP? Not sure I agree with that – doesn’t seem very democratic to me.

samuri
    Free Member

As a friend pointed out, the BNP propaganda was concise and to the point and didn’t mention sending anyone ‘home’. To those people who have become disallusioned with existing parties and who aren’t endowed with the sharp political accumen that you lot are, this must have seemed quite refreshing and appealing.

miketually
    Free Member

As a friend pointed out, the BNP propaganda was concise and to the point and didn’t mention sending anyone ‘home’. To those people who have become disallusioned with existing parties and who aren’t endowed with the sharp political accumen that you lot are, this must have seemed quite refreshing and appealing.

Yes, the BNP leaflet we got was all about getting more bobbies on the beat and other perfectly reasonable thing, with one little reference to immigration.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sadly there has been racial tensions in East Lancashire (Burnley /Nelson /Colne) for some time with highly segregated communities. Sadly a percentage of the white population have decided that all their problems (such as the decline of the industrial staple industries cotton and engineering for example)poor housing etc are the fault of immigrants. These immigrants achieve better in school exam results and have lower levels of unemployment but let us not let facts affect our view now eh.
    The situation is probably more similar to say the situation in N.Ireland with segregation etc
    YES A SHAMEFUL NIGHT FOR BRITISH POLITICS
    We do live in democracy and I am a firm believer that by giving these people a platform it will harm them in the long run.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think if the people who couldn’t be bothered to vote, could be bothered, and voted BNP, I’d be slightly more angry than if they hadn’t voted at all.
    Not that i’m angry on either point, more indifferent and depressed 🙂

sqwheeler

Griffin on the Today programme spent half of his allocated rant/whinge time complaining about how the BBC’s Friar Tuck is black. Ha ha ha, can’t wait to see him trying to take part in serious debate. Please let’s just laugh them all the way into the sea. Morons.

aracer
    Free Member

Should they just have voted for someone anyway to stop the BNP? Not sure I agree with that – doesn’t seem very democratic to me.

On the contrary, the BNP getting in despite the fact people would have voted to keep them out (and not for any other party) is undemocratic. As I mentioned on the other thread, they’ve only got in because the electoral system splits the vote of those who would prefer anybody but the BNP.

Nick

The problem is that the people who voted BNP are either racist or they have knowingly decided to ignore the unpleasant underbelly of the party for selfish reasons. I don’t accept that anyone doesn’t know what the BNP stands for.

grumm
    Free Member

On the contrary, the BNP getting in despite the fact people would have voted to keep them out (and not for any other party) is undemocratic. As I mentioned on the other thread, they’ve only got in because the electoral system splits the vote of those who would prefer anybody but the BNP.

But are you suggesting we should have a system where you can vote for who you don’t want without voting for anyone else. Or a multiple choice voting system where you ranked them in order of preference? 😛

aracer
    Free Member

I don’t think anybody’s ever tried the first – interesting concept. The second is STV, which is what I’m kind of advocating (though suspect people wouldn’t be able to get their heads round it).

project
    Free Member

Im not Racist, just hate the thieving lieing lot thats in at the moment,let us now have an election,to decide what we should do to get rid of the lot of them,if you dont ike the BNP, dont vote for them,its a free country so far,where we are all allowed our own opinion, except perhaps on here.
    Goodbye.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You’re “allowed” to have the opinion that voting BNP is sensible project. We’ll just think you’re a howlingly dense and unpleasant toolbar if you do. 🙄

project
    Free Member

I never said i voted for the BNP, as you have no right to speak on behalf of everyone that doesnt agree with their views.
    Your views are just that,YOUR VIEW,what you see and possibly believe in.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s also a shame that this will discredit PR as an alternative to first past the post for General Elections.

But we live in a democracy, a sizeable minority of people obviously hold racist views (let’s not pretend they’ve all been hoodwinked somehow) – so their views should be represented.

Maybe sitting in the European Parliament will broaden Griffin’s mind about foreigners anyway.

grumm
    Free Member

In what way are you not allowed an opinion? Is your post going to be deleted? Or can you just not handle the fact that most people don’t agree with you so are going to sulk and make unfounded accusations instead?

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I voted Green. What I cant understand is this system of handing out seats the greens got 9% of the vote nationally and got 2 seats the nazis got 6% of the vote and got 2 seats the LibDems got 14% of the vote and got 10 seats and Lab got 16% and got 11 seats I thought this PR was supposed to hand out seats properly sounds like it didnt work to me

project
    Free Member

It was a joke, as in humour,that i said we where not allowed an opinion on this forum,ha ha.
    Grumm, i dont sulk sorryand dont make unfounded accusations, why should i,it was democracy that allowed BNP, to win,Democracy can change what happened in the next few years,for better or for worse,that decision is in the voters hands or the pencil in the booth.

aracer
    Free Member

That’s because it’s PR-lite.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It was a joke, as in humour,that i said we where not allowed an opinion on this forum,ha ha.

My sides…

Flaperon

Despite the face that the BNP’s leaflet is quite conservative, it does not disguise the fact that they only allow whites to join the party – that they can get away with this in 2009 is, frankly, disgusting.

I’m surprised that this hasn’t been an open and shut case, really. I’m tempted to apply to join them and put “Black” for my ethnic origin. Once I’m rejected, I can sue them for racial discrimination and get a bit of extra cash.

Well done to David Dimbleby and Andrew Marr for treating their new councillor with utter contempt on the night. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Shame on you Northeners’ is closed to new replies.