Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SES Enduro Lite – anyone done it?
  • nairnster
    Free Member

So, having never raced before at all, I am considering entering the Laggan and Glenlivet rounds of the 2016 Scottish Enduro Series, in the Lite category.

Are there any of you who have taken part who can give me an idea of what the transition stages have been like in previous years? I.e. how long, what time constraints etc?

Thanks in advance.

bella
    Free Member

Never ridden the lite category but have done quite a few of SES rounds. Lite is usually 3/5 of a long day distance wise as you usually do 3 out of the 5 ish stage the standard route does. There are not usually time constraints for the transitions. Lite usually misses out the most technically difficult stages. Get them booked! Fantastic series.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Also interested in any experience of the ‘lite’ category and whether it just meant less distance or less gnar.

euain

Bit of both really. Seems to miss the hardest stage or the stage with the longest transition. At Laggan, they missed a stage and rerouted another to miss some of the harder stuff. I think that at Glenlivet, they missed a stage which then cut out a huge transition (no stages there were really gnarly).

Northwind

(didn’t do it but) at Ae it cut the hardest stage and basically removed one entire climb up the downhill road. Pretty sensible.

tidawggg
    Free Member

I was going to do the lite at Laggan this year to get a taster for it but found out it wasn’t just 16 OR over it was 16+ and they did pretty easy trails think they missed out the brown and captain ahab and possibly the one that goes towards fort William direction along the road but someone can confirm this so it misses out alot of pure enduro GNAR so I’m probably just going to do the full enduro next year so yeah go for it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SES Enduro Lite – anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.