Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Selkirk Merida
  • Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Is this event any good? whats the course like?

singlespeedstu

I’d say it’s the best of the Merida’s.

trail_rat
    Free Member

it is good … BUT word on the street is new course and its meant to be 100k propper …..

singlespeedstu

its meant to be 100k propper …..

Sounds good.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

With your ribs??

Painfull.

At a guess….

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye dont use your ribs as brakes ….

i landed chest first on a suspended log on the second real singletrack downhill last year on the “88k” and broke the two lowest ribs on the left hand side ….

got up to get going again , picked up my bike and threw up due to intense pain and just sat down again !

singlespeedstu

Funnily enough I rode it last year with a broken rib. 😐

Smee
    Free Member

it’s good, takes you into some pretty remote areas and has some superb fairly long natural descents. It is anything but flat though. Not sure if this years course will bear much resemblance to last years though.

sheldona
    Free Member

Stu, thats coz you ‘av the skillz init

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

sounds good, time for the ribs to heal………..

crazy-legs

Great course although both times I’ve done it it’s been about 86km. Uses part of the Innerleithen XC course, it comes in about a third of the way down the final Caddon Bank descent then climbs all the way back up over Minch Moor, drops off following the route then turns off it a bit further down and sends you back in the direction you came.

As with all the Meridas a good start is essential otherwise you’ll find yourself stuck in a bottleneck of slow/inept riders on the first section of singletrack.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Great course to ride on your own or with a few friends – not so good to ride with 5 million other folk. I rode the first one and haven’t been back as riding in a crowd like that off road isn’t for me.

marty
    Free Member

rode the first couple. very good course and event. fine on ss.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk Merida’ is closed to new replies.