Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sedona spending a few days in…….
  • NigE5
    Free Member

Hi,
    Has any one got any pointers/tips to riding and finding the singletrack in Sedona.
    Two of us will be there just after Easter and have reserved a couple of bikes from Over the Edge.
    Would the overhang trail be beyond a couple of Surrey Hills mincers?

kelvin

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I dropped in at Absolute Bikes for some advice. Took the Slim Shady trail from virtually opposite and rode rocky singletrack for hours in the sun. Loads of options to extend or shorten.

Try MTB Project app if you want more detailed routes.

Didnt do the Overhang Trail, but my advice would be not to underestimate distances. Those trails are a constant stream of sharp climbs and descents with very little opportunity for cruising. Pretty aerobic stuff, especially in the heat.

If you get bored of Sedona, or it’s too hot, Flagstaff is only an hour or so away, totally different climate, altitude and trails.

Have fun!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pF6YU4]Sedona[/url] by Stuart Plumley, on Flickr

pic

richardk
    Free Member

Look out for the weather – it may be very, very hot. Or if it’s raining then they have been sensitive about letting people go out on bikes as it can rip up the trails.

Take some long nosed pliers with you… If you fall ass first into a cactus (not that i did of course….) the spines are very difficult to get out.

It was a while ago, but I think i went to bike & bean for a bike hire – simple hardtail worked really well round there. And as above, it’ll be all up and down, no respite.

stwhannah

There are trails between OTE in Sedona and Sedona West, signposts everywhere and you can meander about and explore by yourself- maybe an option for a first day of acclimatising? But how often are you going to be in Sedona?! I’d get the guiding people that work from/with OTE to show you the good stuff. When I was there for the Liv launch we got driven to a couple of trails that were more fun and spectacular than the ones straight out the door. We didn’t do the overhang trail but there were plenty of other slick rock options with less deathly consequences if you cock it up 🙂 The chuck wagon and mescal loop is fun and the scenery breathtaking without the riding being nuts – could be a good first day option then go tougher from there if you want to?

chevychase

Hiline is great. Nip into the local bike shop. They’ll have a map – they did when I was there last year. 🙂

NigE5
    Free Member

Thank you for the advice, we are probably never going to go again as we are both celebrating a birthday this year with a 0 at the end.
    This is part of a 2 week trip with our wife’s, we have 5 days in total.

Chuck wagon is looking more our style, may be walk the over hang.
    I have found out there are shuttle buses to the trail heads.
    We rode Moab in late 90’s so we are not totally out of our depth.
    Spotted Hiline on You Tube, pass on that one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sedona spending a few days in…….’ is closed to new replies.