Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Secondhand values on Santa Cruz frames
  • hora
    Free Member

WTF, a frame is used say 1-2yrs. What would be a reasonable price to offer on a used Santa Cruz frame considering their paint isnt the hardiest either.

Had two Hecklers offered to me. Now the RRP on these frames when they can out was £1099? So why would someone want 800-860? (two).

I sold my one year old Blur 4X for £650 which I though was reasonable.

No offence to anyone but its a mountain bike frame not a road bike or work of art?!!

druidh
    Free Member

Offer what you think it’s worth, then walk away. If someone offer more, then you’ve under-estimated its value. If no one does, the seller might reconsider.

MrSmith
    Free Member

that would be for a few month old frame that’s been ridden half a dozen times.
    6-12 months old is half price +/- £100 IMHO

vinnyeh

If it’s the current shape then they’re probably balancing the sale price against the replacement cost. We’ve just had a sudden big adjustment in prices, and people are probably trying to figure out how much more they can get for their nearlky new gear now that prices have gone up so dramatically.

But like druidh says, offer what you think it’s worth. You’ve been looking for long enough (and changing your mind too :lol:), what’s another few weeks matter- you might go off santa cruz’s again?

hora
    Free Member

that would be for a few month old frame that’s been ridden half a dozen times.
    6-12 months old is half price +/- £100 IMHO

Exactly. That will always apply to me. If a frame cost ‘x’ and the shock is a year old etc, your hardly going to pay top-price for a frame that comes with no warranty and could need a service for all you know in the immediate future. Regardless of what the new prices are- chasing rainbows? mind you, there will always be folk who will pay feverishly for something (they’d be the same with buying houses or fancy secondhand Audi’s I bet as well)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

You can usually get 10% off the new price as well.

If people do want a ridiculous price for the frame, the best thing is to advertise it on ebay but offer to post abroad. The exchange rate that makes new frames more expensive now, makes 2nd hand ‘cheaper’ for people in europe, so you;ll get the 2nd hand value relative to the new adjusted prices. If that makes sense??

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I find if I post a WTD ad on the classifieds then I get a load of offers that are really somewhat over priced, IMO. Whereas if you wait until somebody posts one up for sale the price generally seems fair. You might have to wait until somebody posts a heckler frame for sale to get it for a fair price. When you post a WTD people know you want their frame and seem to try it on a bit with the money.

higgo
    Free Member

It’s how markets work.

hora
    Free Member

baronspudulike – your right.

FOG

Agree with the baron but some times when something comes up you really want , the price is absurd and doesn’t seem to get any response from the ST buying public yet offers are sneered at. It seems there is a fine line between a reasonable offer and an insult

baronspudulike
    Free Member

If you check out ebay you’ll notice two newish frames, one close enough to collect and the other with reasonable postage costs. Although I’m sure you’ve check out ebay already.

geoffj

FFS, is this forum populated by frustrated and angry men?

😆 again!

ton

hora, had my heckler for 9 months sold it for £500. cost me £1100.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I’ve seen 3 year old spesh frames on ebay with BIN prices within £200 of the price of a brand new current model.

I obviously did the right thing (politely email the seller informing them seeing as I actually wanted it). Their replies were less polite, suffice to the items didnt sell.

ton

imho, some people will not do others a favour, and try a rip the **** out of other forum users.
    you learn who these people are and i tend not to even look at the posts they put up.

richc
    Free Member

oh the irony, Hora you were/are notorious for wanting to buy at the rock bottom price and sell at RRP – 10% (if that).

like others said, you can ask what you want for kit, however if you get it is another matter. Mind you some stuff on the classifieds goes for silly low money, hence why some people make a fair bit of cash buying here and selling on ebay.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got a 1yr old heckler for £1010 fully built (new build value £2500) and 9months later the SO got one again fully built to about £2500 new for £950, hence I will keep my bike till I break them 🙂

hora
    Free Member

richc 🙄

richc
    Free Member

truth hurts?

arfur
    Free Member

In case you’re interested, it’s me selling one of those heckler frames on ebay. It’s the liquid blue in newcastle and will be a great buy for someone. Fantastic frame in great condition – bargin!! 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Secondhand values on Santa Cruz frames’ is closed to new replies.