Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Seb's screensavre: clashing, had to ditch
  • Christowkid
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Just had 'one of theose moments' with the pc.
    I kept opening it up after leaving for a while, only to find a black oblong in screen centre, and the task bar at the bottom of the screen missing. ( am running Vista + office 07 )
    After messing around a bit, I realised over the previous few days I'd had:-
    A huge load of updates on thursday from MS
    Recently update AVG and Ad-aware

Went back to a restore point, then one by one loaded up. It still happened, so I took off Ad-Aware and allowed MS Defender to work.
    It stll happened…..
    then I realised it was happening about 10mins after I'd left it alone……about when the screensaver kicked in!
    I've swapped the Seb Rogers one over to one of the standard MS ones and it's absolutely fine!
    I'd already had to tweak Seb's screensaver, as the flash updates meant it coudn't 'see' the flash programme ( there's a simple fix ) so for a few years it's been ok.
    Sorry Seb, love the saver, but…..!

Now need to re-load Ad-Aware, which seemd a bit difficult to do, not sure if Defender's blocking it.
    Hey ho!
    off we go
    Q

druidh
    Free Member

Hint: Take off Defender, Ad-aware and AVG and just use Microsoft Security Essentials.

DezB
    Free Member

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Christowkid
    Free Member

druidh: hmmm, not sure what to make of MS Essentials, but have used the rest for a very long time, so feel safe with them.
    Also, another 'make' might plug holes more effectively? i.e. it worries me that someone can get through MS to cause a problem, yet I then use a MS product to prevent itself getting attacked.?? Just feels wrong!
    ( might be talking tosh here!)

Dezb: Errr… no! Have currently got a MS screen saver on, and to be honest, tend to run off monitor when not using, so no issues really.
    I'll try again and see if I can go back to Seb, but just glad to have resolved an unusual prob.
    Q

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Seb's screensavre: clashing, had to ditch’ is closed to new replies.