Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scathing Mark Carney Interview on Radio 4
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Ouch. This economist didn’t pull any punches when it came to Mark Carney.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0402gk5#play

bongohoohaa
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Whole programme was very interesting. May I suggest you re-post in the EU thread. Junky and Mike should take a listen to asset managers and business people who are paid to make decisions not politicians and academicly orientated economists

I’d have thought Dr Savvas Savouri would be happier, seeing as he got his wish.

Seemed pretty happy to me, obviously his remarks about Carney said quite clearly he thought he was wrong and overly pessimistic

flanagaj
    Free Member

I was going to say no as I got tired of trying to convince during the campaign that out was the sensible option, but I will.

jimw
    Free Member

I heard that live this morning.
    “I’ll be happy to come back in a years time and gloat”
    classy
    What a boorish, unpleasant man he came across as. Not a good advert for the City.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why is the guy being an arse?

Basic point (which I made on the other thread) is that a weaker currency has the same effect as lower interest rates. True, that is economics 101.

But Carney also has to balance various factors and there is nothing incorrect about saying that weaker economic performance may require further easing and that monetary policy can only go so far.

No need to be rude, the Tosca economist should be happy that he is probably earning 5x as much as Carney!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scathing Mark Carney Interview on Radio 4’ is closed to new replies.