Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • S.C. Blur LT or Nomad Carbon…..any opinions welcome please
  • matt23
    Free Member

Hi,

After waiting 4 months for a Whyte 146 Works and getting no where with ATB sales on a delivery date I have decided to cancel the order and go a step further by building a Santa Cruz carbon frame…but I’m struggling to decide on a Nomad or Blur LT frame.

Any opinions welcomed….I’m only looking @ S.C. frames so not interested in any otehr frame choices but if any S.C. owners could give me pros and cons for the frames it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

oxnop
    Free Member

Ive got a LTc, i use it for around 50% of my current riding including taking it abroad when I need to ride bigger hills!

I swap between a coil and monarch depending on how much ascending is required and run it with 150mm forks. It’s a really capable bike and handles all I can throw at it (which some would say isnt much 😆 )

if your considering a nomad too then i’m presuming you are airing towards more trail/am which i would say mine is built around and weighs in at around 30lbs (my tyres are DH UST’s which weigh a ton)

Both bikes are capable but if you think you will do more DH(ish) riding then id prob just go with the nomad as slacker.

Look at the grimace!!

Oh and id sell if interested as not riding bikes much currently!

Vortexracing

neil853 off here looked at both, he opted for the LTc.

He may be along in a bit with some advice.

chameleon78
    Free Member

what jersey is that?!
    Having been ridden a blur ltc on a demo and being a lifelong SC rider I would say that you can’t go wrong with it, however looking at the nomad that to is a thing of beauty, sorry not much help but either way you’re onto a winner, you lucky barsteward!

neil853
    Free Member

Yes I got an ltc in October last year. Did look at the nomad but just couldn’t justify the extra travel for the riding I do. To be honest though now I’m used to the bike I’m no slower.

The nomad is a truly awesome bike, but for most riding the blur is as good or better.

It hasn’t been flawless though, it seems to be eating lower bushings, and it stands to reason that with grease ports you need to pay that some attention.

bottom line though I’m pleased I got the bike I got 🙂

matt23
    Free Member

Thanks for your opinion guys – rung the LBS this morning and the build has started on Nomad medium white 32 Talas 150mm XO group, Elixir Mag’s, Hope Hoops, Easton n Thomson parts. Pics to follow soon.

Still can’t believe after 15years of drooling I am going to own a Santa Cruz……like a kid @ Crimbo 😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

32 Talas 150mm

Surely you’d be better off with 36’s on the Nomad?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

My thoughts too. I’m about to switch my 140 Pikes for some new 150 Revs or Fox on my LT2, not sure you’d make best use of a Nomad running less than 160?

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 for a Float 36 on that

I’d call you a jammy sod, but I’m sure your bank account will be a fair amount lighter after taking delivery of that.

Gachet
    Free Member

I’d get a Float 36 aswell. I’m delighted with mine and they feel much stiffer torsionally and provide more confidence than 32s. I favour suspension performance over adjustable travel, plus the floats are easier to service and there is less to go wrong. They also look really good and beefy on a longer travel bike, which is always important!

matt23
    Free Member

My mistake you guys I am getting 36’s – after getting 32’s for the Whyte I was confused.
    Walllet is lighter especially as I’m get a full suss bike for the missus to – let’s just hope that she does not leave me for dust on the trail! 😮

neil853
    Free Member

mmmmm definately get pics up

matt23
    Free Member

I’m gunna charge for viewing I thinks 😆

neil853
    Free Member

steady on 😆

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

^
    ^^^
    ^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^

I’ll pay….but only if you tilt your pics at crazy angles.

matt23
    Free Member

Name ur angle……

m_t_b
    Free Member

I have got 36’s on my LTC, not tried it with smaller forks but tempted to. Saying that though it still climbs like a goat and they can dial down to 120mm for really steep stuff. Very happy with my LTC dont have a need for any other bike.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘S.C. Blur LT or Nomad Carbon…..any opinions welcome please’ is closed to new replies.