Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • saw this car today…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

….fast it was !

I want !

molgrips
    Free Member

What is it?

ElShalimo

Tesla ??

matt_outandabout

Tesla.

We have a couple in Dunblne. They look ace in red.

bamboo
    Free Member

Tesla abbey road edition?

v8ninety

Is it a mondeo? Looks a bit like one. Will I have to take the front wheel off to get my bike in the boot?

EDIT; Ah, ok. NOT a mondeo then.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

It was Tesla Model 3 awesome car

matt_outandabout

Red. Ace.

Edit:Blue though…,

MoreCashThanDash

I saw one last week on a farm lane while out riding. The driver was following his dog along the lane on it’s evening walk. I just assumed it was an extra phat mobility scooter?

DickBarton

Dunblane has gone rather up market since I last took a tip through there! 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Tesla.. ah yes.. I saw one the other day. Not from the back though 🙂

ElShalimo

It looks like a randy Mondeo shagged a Maserati, hence the startled appearance

bearnecessities

I was alongside a blue BMW i8 on the M621 an hour or so ago; got to say it looked bloody brilliant 🙂

EDIT: Loike this

matt_outandabout

That is quite a good description….
    Masadeo or Monrati?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hugely underwhelming to look at. See also the Mondeo comments above.

However….I think that may be a good thing. For too long, “eco”* cars have looked silly. Silly as in, “Ooooh, look at me, everyone, I’m saving the little fluffy polar bears! I must be a great person. Did I mention I was saving the planet with my lovely, cuddly car? I mean, just look at it! No one would drive something this silly looking if it wasn’t saving ickle baby seals”.

Tesla, at least with this one, seem to have taken a positive step to make it look like a car. Just a very ordinary car. Less about showing off, more about just being a car.

* Eco credentials can be questioned for most. Especially as most are promoted for urban use. Exactly where a car shouldn’t be used.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seen an i8 and a couple of i3s on the M4.

Someone in Cardiff on my route to town has an Ampera.. there’s also a Leaf somewhere nearby too, I keep seeing it.

johndoh
    Free Member

The i8 is a bloody abomination.

v8ninety

It looks bland and unadventurous, to be honest. I’m sure it’s very clever though. And worth every penny of its price tag.

ElShalimo

Bear – bloke across the road from us has one. Looks like something from the future, sounds like a beast when he thrashes it then silently glides along when he returns from the fag shop.
    Itd be a crap bike car though, barely enough room for his shopping

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be feeling a lot more positive about Tesla if they weren’t so expensive. They’re making out that they’ve done something revolutionary in making an electric car with a decent range, but they’ve only done it by putting tons of batteries in which cost a fortune. The only reason other manufacturers haven’t done it is cos no-one would pay £60k for a small Nissan.

bearnecessities

The i8 is a bloody abomination.

Ah, if you’d seen one serenely approach, pass, then float in front of you to give you a full view, you’d not think that.

It’s lovely in a way I can’t describe!

EDIT:

Looks like something from the future,

Definitely something in that. What’s not to love about progress? 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Friends in Marin have a Leaf. The salesman cautioned them as they left about the dangers of new customers rolling their cars.

“Don’t go turning over a new Leaf” Oh how they laughed.

JulianA
    Free Member

The i8 is a bloody abomination lovely.

Fixed it for you

johndoh
    Free Member

I have seen several i8s (I live in Harrogate after all) including have one give way to me this morning. Really, I don’t like them, too many fancy bits, too many silly panels. Feels like it’s trying to be an 80s Lamborghini Countach.

v8ninety

i8; VERY pretty, but pretty useless, really. But no more so than its petrol guzzling equivents, so we’ll done BMW, I think…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

However….I think that may be a good thing. For too long, “eco”* cars have looked silly. Silly as in, “Ooooh, look at me, everyone, I’m saving the little fluffy polar bears! I must be a great person. Did I mention I was saving the planet with my lovely, cuddly car? I mean, just look at it! No one would drive something this silly looking if it wasn’t saving ickle baby seals”.

Which Clarkson book did you pull from your bookshelf for that one? (I imagine you have them all.)

bearnecessities

Ok. Our views differ, JD 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(I imagine you have them all.)

So glad you imagine things about me, but you imagine wrong. I have none.

bamboo
    Free Member

What sunglasses for an electric car?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So glad you imagine things about me, but you imagine wrong. I have none.

I imagine you’re deliberately misunderstanding my use of the word “imagine”. But fair enough, it’s just that you’ve always seemed such a fan of his, and I imagine* you share many of his views.

*if you need the usage explained, let me know.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It seems we’re all slaves to American Advertising (hence the contents about the appearance). The die has been cast.

Nonetheless, shit’s about to get real.

Check out the Urban Foresight EV Casebook.

TL;DR : get used to them.

(And I’ll have one in Red, in Insane mode please)

martinxyz
    Free Member

Did anyone watch that Storage Hunters prog a few weeks ago where the container had a box in it but none of the bidders knew which container had the ‘big surprise’ in it? One couple went for it and drove off in a red Tesla.

batfink
    Free Member

They had one of those Tesla’s on display in our shopping centre last weekend – sat in it and had a poke about.

I thought it was very nice, the interior felt well put together and (despite the huge touch screen) quite simple:

It also felt HUGE on the inside – bags of room in the back, and the boot is pretty large too. Surprised me that the room under the bonnet is also storage too…. where is all the engine gubbins?

Conversely – I also went in a Prius last weekend too. We have come a long way 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That’s it. Welcome to the future.

RustyNissanPrairie

^wow!

That’s pretty amazing.

Just over 100 people where I work (Accrington – manufacturing), 2 people have Nissan Leafs, £160 per month lease, no road fund, £4 IIRC to ‘tank it’ 100 odd mile range. Accrington centre has charge points. I think the future is very nearly here.

alpin
    Free Member

There are several Tesla taxis here in Munich.

Also loads of i8 and i3 motors about. One workshop I use is opposite BMW hq.

Often ride past the Tesla showroom when in town.

Mate of mine borrowed one of those Tesla Roadsters for an e-motor rally through the alps a few years back. Said the thing was scary fast. No gear changes, just acceleration. He did manage to drain the battery after 200km,half its claimed range.

milky1980
    Free Member

The Tesla’s are amazing bits of kit!

There’s a white Ampera on my estate (might be the one molgrips sees) plus two Leaf’s, don’t like those as they silently glide round the road round the play area. It’s bad enough with kids running out in front of normal, noisy cars let alone these silent invisible ones (they’re shorter than all the Audi’s and T5’s that park along the access roads so disappear from view).

I just worry that these electric cars have their own problems, mainly what would happen if one caught fire after a smash. All those lithium batteries can’t be a good thing 😯 Plus are they just shifting the pollution issue from the exhaust gasses when in use to the End-Of-Life recycling part? Same as when diesel was meant to be the saviour over petrol with it’s high mpg figures but now it’s seen as bad to have diesel fumes clogging up cities and all the issues with DPF’s etc.

I’ll wait for Hydrogen thanks!

onehundredthidiot

Hoping the “I’ll wait for hydrogen” is ironic. Mate has i8 its pretty cool. OHs parent have a Toyota hybrid. Too scary in stealth mode. Was saying recently that his black i8 should sound like a tie fighter from star wars.

nickhart
    Free Member

Love the look of the tesla and the idea of a high class alternatively powered vehicle.
    I don’t believe electrickery to be the future though, just a stop gap til someone does true white paper thinking and comes up with something properly better.

njee20
    Free Member

I think the i8 looks amazing!

Not keen on the Tesla in the OP. It’s alright, but nowt special. Interior looks cool though I’ll admit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘saw this car today…’ is closed to new replies.