Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • SantaVelo? CervoCruz?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, what next for SC now they’re owned by the same people as Cervelo?*

Aero V10s?

*Also owners of Focus. Oh, and Univega. So, a Beryllium Bronson with Max Mudroom chainstays coming soon? (One for the retroheads, there!)

LeeW

Cervelo R3 crossed with a Stigmata will do me.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bin. Dun.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Let’s expect prices to increase at the very least anyway as the V10 will become a RCA-V10

rOcKeTdOg

hopefully longer top tubes

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eh, an Open ? but with suspension ??

variflex
    Free Member

expect no significant change. the company that has bought it is not interested in amalgamation or blending but pure finance. simples. sc will still be over priced pieces of “rad” kit 😉 so gnar it is and more enduro BS will be pumped round the world. it all comes down to bottom line profit and economies of scale. in other words big business…. well biggish anyway

toppers3933
    Free Member

Well if they take the same distribution model that they did with Cervelo then Jungles days as their distributor in the UK are numbered.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Fits rather well, they’re both brands with a lot of “marketing style” aimed at aspiring types without any class.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fits rather well, they’re both brands with a lot of “marketing style” aimed at aspiring types without any class.

ooo so much hate

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Some questions answered

http://nsmb.com/santa-cruz-bikes-sold/

munrobiker
    Free Member

I would be surprised of Jungle remained as their distribution, they are a pretty small fish for them to.deal with.

I would be surprised if prices didn’t drop a bit – SC overcharge Jungle relative to how most brands charge their distributors. Jungle basically pay the same for a bike as a shop in the Us, making them much more expensive over here than in the US. Being part of a bigger distribution network may change this.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is distribution likely to change tho?

RickDraper
    Free Member

I would be surprised if prices didn’t drop a bit – SC overcharge Jungle relative to how most brands charge their distributors. Jungle basically pay the same for a bike as a shop in the Us, making them much more expensive over here than in the US. Being part of a bigger distribution network may change this.

Any your source for this information is?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve not done it but comparing US pricing vs UK with other brands should tell you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s always interesting when you do the maths from a US list price to a UK list price it’s a couple of hundred quid with all the taxes.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I’ve not done it but comparing US pricing vs UK with other brands should tell you.

Yeti, Intense, etc are all the same. Are you telling me all distributors here in little old Britain are getting dry bummed?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Pon have been quite keen to increase sales and exposure for cervelo with budget versions of the S3 and R3 and now the R2, so maybe some pov spec 5010s?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

They already do a povo version of the 5010, the C

njee20
    Free Member

it’s always interesting when you do the maths from a US list price to a UK list price it’s a couple of hundred quid with all the taxes.

$2900 for a Bronson frame, no sales tax in several states. £2800 here. That’s not even close! The disparity is worse than plenty of other brands.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Total customs value (CIF): £1863.12
    This is the amount that customs values your import at
    – Duty: £87.57
    – VAT: £390.14
    Total import duty & taxes due: £477.71
    This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
    Total landed cost: £2340.83
    This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes
    at exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.56 USD

OKO so a bit out on the frame but if you want that Bronson frame from the US to the UK it will cost you that without any shipping. 16.5% cheaper from the US. From memory the full builds come a bit closer and does depend on the exchange rate but the biggest killer is VAT.

njee20
    Free Member

Ah sorry, you meant importing one. I thought you meant the price paid by those in the U.S. and here was similar.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry I was comparing like for like, pointing out that the government takes a big chunk of that ticket price.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Source is from someone in the industry. They do model their pricing to distributors differently to a lot of companies and I don’t think someone as big as Pon would keep doing it that way- if they can shift, say, twice as many units for a third less profit by changing the way SC work with their distributor I suspect that they would. That’d still be boutique brand pricing, make no mistake, but it’d be much easier to relate to the brand’s status in the US.

If you look at other companies they charge quite different rates to their global distributors than home nation dealers and so the pricing is much more comparable. Giant, though slightly different as they’re Taiwanese, charge £1999 for an Anthem SX here and £1959 for the Anthem SX in the US ($3050). Specialized, who are a fairer comparison, charge £2000 for a Camber Evo here and £2056 for it in the US ($3200). By comparison a Santa Cruz Heckler with the R build kit and a Sektor fork is £1600 ($2499) in the USA and £2249 here.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘SantaVelo? CervoCruz?’ is closed to new replies.