Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Samsung tablets. Any good?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Been instructed by the boss to go buy a tablet that will sync easily with my phone (samsung) and something I can use to view drawings and emails on at work, and subsequently reply and or print things. Is there such a thing? Not bothered about iPad as my phone and Mac book don’t like talking to each other so I presume it will be the same.

cranberry
    Free Member

They do tablets at a couple of different price points – the Tab S2 ( new Tab s3 ) are good, but expensive.

poolman
    Free Member

I have the tab s2 8 inch, love it, niceand fast. I m thinking of buying the 10 inch s2. I also have a samsung phone but never linked them. Btw samsung tab s2 is a lot cheaper here in spain than uk if u r coming on holiday.

prawny

I’d love an S3, I’ve got a Tab A which was cheap and is cheap but it shows promise. With a decent processor and some more storage space it would be a winner. I’d literally only need a computer to back up/sync music to the iphones/ipods/ipads in the house.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had a look at the s3, bit spendy at 600 quid. I just want something a bit more mobile than a laptop, especially as like a **** I left my last one overnight in the office and it got stolen.

prawny

S2 should do the job nicely then I’d have thought.

poolman
    Free Member

I saw the 600 gbp price of a s3 and it cant be twice as good as an s2. My s2 8 inch fits in a big pocket but for a few hours work i d prefer a 10 inch. Best i can find is john lewis 319 gbp if u can live with the gold coloir. I retract the previous comment re cheaper in spain, some good deals now in uk.

Cougar

Is there such a thing?

Assuming your phone is Android, you’d be hard pressed to find an Android tablet that doesn’t do what you’ve just described.

Don’t get fixated on Samsung from a compatibility perspective. Not that I’m saying Samsung is any better or worse than other manufacturers, but getting a different manufacturer’s device won’t have any impact on your ability to sync with the cloud as it’s all done through Google’s infrastructure rather than Samsung’s.

(I fell out with Android Samsungs a long time ago, but that’s just me.)

sierrakilo
    Free Member

just bought a S2 this week………. 10 inch version from John Lewis at £319.

First impressions are that the screen is superb , bright and clear. It immediately updated to latest Android ( Nougat ) and seems very good ! really like the overall feel especially as its so thin .

poolman
    Free Member

Sierra – just about to order the s2 10 inch from john lewis. What case are you using? I see white is an option, good deal at 319.

sierrakilo
    Free Member

Have not got a case yet…..will investigate over the next few days !

wrightyson
    Free Member

Can you get the little add on keyboard for the s2? Did like that part about the s3. I don’t do a massive amount of typing so i don’t suppose it’s s deal breaker, but fat builder fingers aren’t always the best on touchscreens.

poolman
    Free Member

I have fat fingers but am ok on the s2, i d go for the 10 inch tho asthe keys will be bigger.

Sierra – post up here what case u get. I ll order an s2 so will need a case. 40 odd quid is too much tho.

Moses

I have an older SAmsung Note, 10.1 ” model. The advantage of a Note is that you can draw on it easily. I can sync documents either via MS Office or Google Docs, both work well on it.

donks
    Free Member

Tab S2 owner here and my only gripe is they changed the screen aspect ratio from my old tab s and it doesn’t suit streaming Netflix and stuff as well as the 16:9… but that said it’s better for web browsing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Samsung tablets. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.