Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • tyger
    Free Member

Just about to “pull the trigger” on one of these – anything to be aware of?

Many thanks T

greeble
    Free Member

there are two versions on the S3.

S3 and S3 LTE (4G enabled)

also they come in a multitude of colours….

warton
    Free Member

hmm

I got mine a month ago, changed from an iPhone4, and I’m very, very undecided on it. All was well until i installed ice cream sandwich on it, and now it’s slow, really slow. it takes ages to do stuff like opening contacts, start typing a message etc etc. seriously thinking about getting rid and going back to an iPhone

riiich
    Free Member

Check the returns policy if you are used to an iphone.

jota180
    Free Member

Just about to “pull the trigger” on one of these – anything to be aware of?

There will very likely be substantial damage to it

greeble
    Free Member

All was well until i installed ice cream sandwich on it,

comes with ICS as standard? you mean jellybean no?

riiich
    Free Member

warton – I’ve given up on mine and now waiting for a replacement iphone. Speed has been ok, but lots of other little niggles.

warton
    Free Member

greeble, yeah I do 😀

badnewz
    Free Member

The constant updates are annoying. Good camera. Internet connection is good through wifi.

damo2576
    Free Member

Moved from an S2 to iPhone 5 and not looked back

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

i have recently upgraded and was considering the S3 as an alternative to Iphone 5.

think when i was researching i read that an S4 is expected quite shortly. might be something to take into account…

windowshopper
    Free Member

Still loving mine after 3 months, though I’ve only had Jelly Bean a few days.

My only gripe is that “Sky Go” won’t run on Jelly Bean and by the sound of things Sky are very slow to release updates to catch up. (Not the phone’s fault, clearly.)

Conan257
    Free Member

Sky have just updated Go to work on Windows 8, so perhaps now they’ll push resources onto JB…

warton
    Free Member

for example.

I just retrieved my mail. for some reason the mail app is very dark, and I can barely read the mails, but other than that, from clicking a email to open it, and it actually opening was at least 20 seconds, possibly more. That, for me, is terrible performance

superfli
    Free Member

My bat life 1/2’d when I installed jb. I reverted to ICS which was fine, but then thought about playing with custom ROMs. I’m using resurrection remix which is very fast and bat life much better, but things missing like gallery sync to instant upload, camera crashes lot. Also a bit of a headache to get used to…

ericemel
    Free Member

I had one – good phone but found it too big to use one handed, more like a tablet. Switched to an iphone 5 and am much happier.

But the S3 was a nice phone.

Houns

S4 prob won’t be out until May. I’m holding out for that

cheers_drive

My JB update came through today, luckily I read this thread first and wont be installing.
    What ‘advantages’ does JB bring?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Samsung Galaxy S3’ is closed to new replies.