Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Salsa Horsethief Split Pivot – what are they like?
  • adsh
    Free Member

Considering taking advantage of a cheap (well reduced a lot) Horsethief split pivot frame as a more relaxed trail centre type of thing as my current 29er FS is a very light Spearfish for racing with carbon wheels etc that I wince at taking to rocky Wales etc.

Any experience here with the newer Horsethief and how well it would do as a rougher ground coverer. Not interested in air or tricks just something to cover miles in more comfort on rougher terrain.

ratherbeintobago

If it bothers you, Salsa are currently without a UK distributor, though I think some shops (eg. CTBM) have an arrangement with Salsa US.

Clink

I have one, bought from CTBM. To answer your question directly, it cover rough ground very effectively. I need to ride it more tbh, but locally I ride my Stooge more.

Pedals well (seated and out of the saddle) and really digs in on climbs. Running mine with 120mm Pikes. Be aware they are designed to be run with 51mm offset forks. I got Pikes then has air shaft changed to a 120 one by Loco.

Clink

So…did you get one?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Horsethief Split Pivot – what are they like?’ is closed to new replies.