Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Salomon Speedcross3 running shoes – insoles….
  • bigdaddy

Anyone else use these offroad running shoes and have problems with the insoles moving? Had mine since Christmas and fed up of the insoles bunching when running steep inclines and descents – and when really wet. I had some Speedcross2’s a few years ago with a similar issue, but naively thought it was sorted by now! Any solutions? I guess superglue – but it’s useful t be able to remove them for cleaning!

hainey
    Free Member

Yes, whilst I find them fantastic running shoes for gradual undulating stuff, they almost destroyed my feet when I ran the Gr20 across Corsica a couple of years ago. Found the exact same thing on the steep terrain, slight movement forward and back. No other solution but gluing them down.

bigdaddy

Hmmm, wish I knew that before I bought them! Oh well, maybe I do need to glue them. Like you I love them apart from that, the grip is immense!

legend
    Free Member

Get some better aftermarket insides from the likes of Sidas?

scotroutes

Yes.
    No.

bigdaddy

Scotroutes, thank you – you economy of words is refreshingly helpful! Although I’m jealous that yours don’t move about…

bigdaddy

And Legend – any particular recommendations? Having looked at Sidas on Amazon there’s a huge range!

rmgdsc76
    Free Member

Yes I have the same problem. Bit of a pain..
    Try these http://www.sorbothane.co.uk/products/double-strike

bigdaddy

Thanks I’ll give them a look too. Seems a fairly basic problem that salomon haven’t addressed. Shame as they are great shoes apart from that

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I had the same problem with Speedcross shoes – used to end up with a big flap of insole sticking up my Achilles – tried superglue which worked for a bit but ditched the shoes after that

hammyuk
    Free Member

On my fourth pair with another bnib and never had any issues with them.
    I do always buy the CD versions so no idea if they’re different internally

matthewlhome
    Free Member

The original insoles are like sponges too. I replaced mine with some inov-8 ones which are not absorbant and don’t slide around. Made the shoes a lot better and dont hold water either. They can be had for about £8.

minichops
    Free Member

Common issue with Speedcross 3 – ask any fell runner. I took my insoles out and run without.
    Had the same problem with my Fellraisers and took these insoles out too. The Fellraisers actually fit me better without any insoles.
    I don’t even notice they’re not there – done AL grade fell races in dry conditions and the shoes are still comfortable.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Salomon Speedcross3 running shoes – insoles….’ is closed to new replies.