Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Sad Dads at One Direction
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

~~Genius~~

“I told your father we were going to a preseason game. He’s going to need a minute.”

Etc

A hahahaha 🙂

binners

As someone with two young daughters, I’ve just had a nightmare vision of the future 😥

bencooper
    Free Member

😀

Don’t know why I’m laughing, though – I also have a young daughter. Had a panicked moment recently when she announced “I love One Direction, it’s my favourite music ever!”, but then she started singing “One direction, or another, gonna find ya, find ya…”

Never been more relieved to hear a Blondie song.

vintagewino
    Free Member

you do realise that song has been murdered in a jive bunny style 1D megamix?

bencooper
    Free Member

you do realise that song has been murdered in a jive bunny style 1D megamix?

😯

scandalous
    Free Member

It will happen I am sure!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Offered my daughter the option of tickets for OneD or smilar for her upcoming 12th birthday. Following the “withering” disdainful look she gave me, we high fived… good girl!

Sorry Ben, but that’s true ^^. Good luck mate.

vintagewino
    Free Member

teenage kicks butchered in the same song, nothing is safe.

bencooper
    Free Member

Sorry Ben, but that’s true ^^. Good luck mate.

She also likes Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, and her current favourite is They Might Be Giants, so I’ve not lost all hope. Plus she’s four – I’ve got plenty of time to mould her tastes, even though her mother keeps exposing her to Bryan Adams…

muggomagic

I’ve got plenty of time to mould her tastes

I tried this with my eldest daughter. You will not win.

andermt
    Free Member

Don’t often see They Might Be Giants mentioned anywhere, I’ve been a fan for, gulp, over 20years. Both kids are also fans, especially as they did a lot of kids stuff a few years ago that they listened to a lot at the time.

theotherjonv

Hmmm…. I’ve been twice, and waited outside both times. First time at the O2, that’s not strictly true as i leapt on the tube with my oyster card and camera, legged it to westminster, and did a whistle stop walk up Whitehall, through Covent Garden, had a pint and a coffee, and back for the encores.

Not so easy from Wembley 🙁

llama

You can try to mould their tastes, you might have some successes, but you ultimately fail.

sample evidence:

McFly (no thanks, dropped off/picked up)
    Scouting for Girls (likewise)
    Pendulum (getting better, went, enjoyed)
    X Factor Tour (what?!)
    Stone Roses comeback (best choice yet but vetoed due to dad wanting to relive his youth without dependents present)

But she still listens to shyte

konabunny
    Free Member

Don’t often see They Might Be Giants mentioned anywhere, I’ve been a fan for, gulp, over 20years.

Then have I got a link for you…http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-they-might-be-giants/

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Recently in the car, driving home, my 10 year old daughter wanted to put a local radio station on that pretty much sticks to current charts, I agreed on the basis every second song was mine via my ipod – she didnt like american head charge or alice in chains or even a bit of carcass… cant understand why not.

Woody
    Free Member

I feel the guy in the pics pain.

I was at the OD gig in Sunderland and cursed myself for forgetting to take earplugs. The only positive thing was being paid to be there !

Lifer
    Free Member

konabunny – Member

Then have I got a link for you…http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-they-might-be-giants/

High 5 on the Nerdist! Great podcast!

binners

Yeah… good luck with that 😉

Despite trying to culture the eldest with my sniffy, condescending, 6 Music-snobbish ways (with no help whatsoever from Mrs Binners, who conspires with her, and has even introduced hair-rock into things) the only success I’ve had is with this….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INnFvMgET1E[/video]

hatter

Hatter Jnr is showing promise, Def Leppard was on the radio recently and he loudly declared, “No, not rock, not noisy, need Sabbath” he’s not even two and a half yet. *proud*

Knowing my luck he’s going to rebound spectacularly and end up into Smooth Rn’B but so far so good.

Oh, and they Might be Giants = Quality! Great kids music for the few occasions where Black Sabbath isn’t entirely appropriate.

peajay

Feel his pain, took my daughters to 1D at the SECC, I couldn’t help but notice zero queue at the bar and the gents loo was like a ghost town!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I went to a Steps concert a few years ago, took a colleague from work who desperately wanted to see them before they split up.

God, they were shite. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Even, H?

jon1973
    Free Member

I went to a Steps concert a few years ago, took a colleague from work who desperately wanted to see them before they split up.

Where the hell do/did you work that a colleague [desperately] wanted to go to a Steps concert? 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’s things like this that make me glad we’re having a boy…at least we (I) should get to escape rubbish like One Direction. Although there’e plenty of opportunity for him to like rubbish,

Recently in the car, driving home, my 10 year old daughter wanted to put a local radio station on that pretty much sticks to current charts, I agreed on the basis every second song was mine via my ipod – she didnt like american head charge or alice in chains or even a bit of carcass… cant understand why not.

Hopefully the music he’s been subjected before birth will have rubbed off (pretty similar…’Tallica, Pantera, Slayer, Shadows Fall etc).

bikebouy
    Free Member

They played the o2, just over the river, she was a cutie pie and hey, I had been promised dinner. 😆

H? Yes he was shyte with a y. 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

They played the o2, just over the river, she was a cutie pie and hey, I had been promised dinner

Ah! it was an attractive female. Fair enough. I guess that qualifies as a legitimate reason to go to a Steps concert.

Jamie
    Free Member

I had been promised dinner.

I assume dinner is a euphemism.

As nothing edible in the world is worth that.

binners

Theres probably another 12 page thread to be had for ‘things you’ve endured, and even pretended to like, while trying to…. well… you know….

I think I’d draw the line a long way before a Steps gig though 😀

Actually.. that sounds like the ideal Friday thread

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader!

I had been promised dinner.

I assume dinner is a euphemism.

I’m a married Man Sir, I take that comment on the chin. Had I not been married I may have asked to take a peek at her tits though. 😆

miketually
    Free Member

Because girls always follow their dad’s taste in music 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

I think I’d draw the line a long way before a Steps gig though

You’re a more noble man than me, as a callow youth I stood through a Blue gig and got little more than an outside the bra fumble for my trouble.

Jamie
    Free Member

Because girls always follow their dad’s taste in music

Let him have his dreams. Reality will apply the appropriate nut punch in due time.

bencooper
    Free Member

Let him have his dreams. Reality will apply the appropriate nut punch in due time.

Thanks 😀

40mpg

Mine went:
    Steps
    McFly
    My Chemical Romance / Greenday
    A bit Screamo for a while
    Back to decent rock stuff (a little bit modern for me but OK)

She’s now going ‘retro’ and even came home with a Smiths LP (yes vinyl) the other day.

So there is hope for you OP 😀

(She saw Gerard Way not-so-secret gig at the Wedgewood Rooms last night is now at Reading Festival – sadly no dad required)

PrinceJohn

I’m a married Man Sir, I take that comment on the chin. Had I not been married I may have asked to take a peek at her tits though

Hang on…

You took a girl to a steps gig, who is attractive, & had absolutely no chance of copping off with her?

What on earth were you thinking?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Look at the pic. Perhaps he went to gawp at the mums. His missus (lets assume that’s her talking to the kid~) isn’t a looker.
    I bet she has a very nice personality though 😆

Sandwich

I tried this with my eldest daughter. You will not win.

You guide and eventually they see the light. Early teenage girls are a separate species that have a strong herd instinct. Plus as dad you are not cool evah! Then at about 21 they realise you may know something after all.

There is hope.

muggomagic

Said daughter is 13. She came running down the stairs screaming last night, I jumped up thinking she was distressed is some way.
    No, apparently Josh from Union J is now following her on twitter…..

mattjg
    Free Member

I have a 3 year old, I attempted early intervention by playing her Hendrix, Queen, Floyd etc in the womb, via my phone laid on her mummy’s tummy.

But now her mum’s undone all my good work by watching Mamma Mia with her, she loves it.

& the other day we were watching some corn-fest Eurovision and she said “daddy I want to be that lady”

/headinhands

MoreCashThanDash

My mate had to take his daughter to see Little Mix 😆

Don’t mind 1D, fairly inoffensive, seem to know they are in a magic bubble that will burst one day, and quite a bit of their stuff was written by McFly, so just imagine it with guitars and it sounds a lot better.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Sad Dads at One Direction’ is closed to new replies.