• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DaveP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • S6 vs S7 vs S8
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I have an S6, and EE have told me I can upgrade. From what I can tell, the S7 and 8 are just incremental upgrades – it barely seems worth it, does it?

iainc

All good as Audi’s go really 😀

fisha
    Free Member

Performance wise across all … Much of a muchness really

The camera on the s7 though, I’ve found it very very good compared to the s6. The s8 an small step after that.

spacemonkey

S6 on Vodafone nearing the end of 2 yr personal contract. Was great for 15 months before becoming unusable at times. Coverage okay but phone just not stable enough.

iP7+ on work contract with EE. Cracking phone and much improved usability over previous incarnations. Coverage not as good as Vodafone despite stats stating otherwise.

Won’t be touching another Samsung. And I’ve long been an Android fan. Have been using my spare iP4+ for personal stuff and will go PAYG with that upon renewal.

S6 camera promised much but was still shit. IP7+ far superior on that count.

molgrips
    Free Member

EE sim-only deals aren’t great – £11 for 250MB is the cheapest, but it’s £18 for my current 2GB which I do use. But for another £3/mo I can get 18GB of data. I’m thinking that’s the most useful thing I can upgrade to – allows me to watch Netflix and such when travelling if I need to.

I’m pretty happy with my phone. Camera gives me good results and it’s rock solid. Don’t recognise spacemonkey’s story.

dannybgoode

The S7 is much better than the S6. Better screen and significantly better battery life. The camera is a step up as well.

In terms of performance etc the S8 is more incremental over the S7 but once you’ve used a near bezel-less phone you ain’t ever going back.

Battery life is a tad better and the camera, whilst based on the same module as the S7, is the best I’ve used in a phone.

Whether the 7 or 8 are worth the extra money only you can decide but each is better than the one before.

breadcrumb

Virgin have cracking SIM only deals, currently have 12 month contract, 2500 minute- unlimited text- 8gb 4g data £12.

Last weekend has an offer for 20gb for £18.

They use the ee network.

lazybike
    Free Member

I was expecting a car thread…I think it must be an age thing, a phone to me is still just for ringing people 🙂

stumpy01

molgrips – Member

EE sim-only deals aren’t great – £11 for 250MB is the cheapest, but it’s £18 for my current 2GB which I do use. But for another £3/mo I can get 18GB of data. I’m thinking that’s the most useful thing I can upgrade to – allows me to watch Netflix and such when travelling if I need to.

Do you want/need to stay with EE?
    Three will do sim only 4Gb data with unlimited mins & texts for £13/month on a 12 month contract.
    Or, £18/month gets you 30Gb of data…

And that includes using your phone as a hotspot if needed.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do like EE yes, the network coverage seems far better for me than other networks.

verses

Plusnet use the EE network and have some cracking SIM-only deals. Planning to switch to them when my contract ends, as I like the EE coverage (feel free to put “Verses” as the referral if you go with them 😉 ).

Very pleased with my S7, no experience of the other 2 though.

DaveP

I have moved from S6 to S7. Camera might be better, not noticed much difference elsewhere.

S7 has ability to use micro sd card though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘S6 vs S7 vs S8’ is closed to new replies.