• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by timba.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ryanair anything ive missed…..
  • LMT
    Free Member

Not the best traveller tbh I tend to stay in the UK or travel to the canaries via TUI most winters. This year decided to visit a bit more of the world so Ryanair is the choice of flights, hope ive not made a mistake!

Right I’ve downloaded the app and checked in and have my boarding passes on the app, I don’t need to print these do I? heading from Birmingham to Dublin, so the app should be ok? got a phone charger for the other end so I don’t have a dead battery on return.

I’ve got a bag which fits the dimensions only thing in it is a pair of shoes, jeans, 2 t-shirts and waterproof jacket, electric razor and plugs for iPhone, camera and kindle, weighs approx. 5kg.

Camera bag obv got my camera, some sweets and kindle and wallet.

Ryanair state I can have 2 bags now so that’s my 2 bags.

Flight is half 7, plan to be at airport for half 5, grab some breakfast at the airport.

Anything else ive missed or should be aware of last thing I want is hidden charges!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anything else ive missed or should be aware of last thing I want is hidden charges!

LOL – you picked ryanair 😉
    Print your boarding pass if you can as a backup
    Early is good though check the airport opening times and when the shops actually open.
    Airport food is expensive

rogermoore

Never used the app to check in with online boarding cards – but to be on the safe side if it is easy enough to print yourself copies, I’d probably do that.
    RM.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just waiting to fly from Leeds Bradford to Heathrow with BA just used the app and that’s it

tthew

By the looks of your packing list, you forgot clean socks and pants. Other than that, you’re good to go. Enjoy your trip!

creamegg
    Free Member

I use the digital boarding pass. Works fine, just make sure your battery isn’t dead.

Make sure your mum dosent forget your packed lunch though

BillMC

Go through security then buy sandwiches and water from M and S for the flight, obviously. Their seats are so cheap I always ‘upgrade’ to A row 1-4 (long legs) and this puts you in the priority queue so you’ve no hassles stuffing your bag into the hatch when you turn right. Check their website for a definitive list of what is/not permitted on board. These days they are pretty flexible about bag size but I wouldn’t try it on it too much, baggage in the hold is expensive.

Pigface
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Ryanair when you understand their rules, they can be hateful bu I have never had a problem.

Could get to Sweden cheaper than train from Bristol to London.

curto80
    Free Member

I went to Glasgow for a stag-do a few years back on BA for £32.

A mate of mine meant to be travelling with me didn’t want to pay the £7 premium over Ryanair so flew with them instead (ignoring the fact it was about a tenner more to get to Stansted than Heathrow).

Anyway that £25 flight ended up costing him £500 through not understanding their rules and basically being a muppet.

So don’t do that and you’ll be fine.

GregMay
    Free Member

Ryanair are fine. I’ve been using them for the past 15 years with only one issue – bike related.

Treat them like a flying bus and it’s easier.

LMT
    Free Member

Thanks all, just wanted to double check! and yep will get those sandwiches sorted 🙂

bruk

After last flying Ryanair many years ago and swearing I would never do so again I was swayed by the claims they had improved their customer service and admittedly mostly by the £400 saving in flying the family out on holiday to try them again.

Outbound from Liverpool was pretty painless really. Bit annoying not having a pocket to stow stuff in front of you. A couple in the seats in front of us were pretty miffed at having to store their hand luggage in the hold as only the 1st 90 passengers could take it on board despite there being lots of room when we were on.

Return was not as pleasant. 1 check in desk per flight ( same for flights to Germany and France). We arrived about 2 hours before and queued for an hour to check in. Had hand luggage stored which meant carrying laptop etc along with 2 kids up the steps.

Was it worth the £400 saving? Probably yes but if the difference was less I would choose someone else.

You pay for good customer service.

postierich
    Free Member

Take some gaffer tape just incase they run out!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Make sure your camera and other electronic devices have charge in them.

Couple of tips if the flight is busy sit away from the gate but still in sight so when the Ryanair staff are deciding whos luggage is going in the hold they don’t realise you are on the flight.

Don’t go to the front of the cue unless you have priority boarding as you have far more space in the boarding lounge than when stood up for 30 minutes in the boarding cue then 30 minutes on the plane while it does nothing. I normally try to board last.

When getting on the plane ask if they need to anyone for the emergency exit wing seats, these have the most room and by law they have to have at least one person for each door, they are also the most expensive to book so are often not reserved.

EDIT

postierich – Member
    Take some gaffer tape just incase they run out!

Think Ryanair has one of the most modern fleets in the world

“As of March 2014, the average age of the Ryanair fleet was around 5.5 years”

postierich
    Free Member
    cbike
    Free Member

Last on first off. Cant understand why people pay extra to suffer longer!

Queuing is for idiots.

They want you there 2 hours in advance to maximise shopping time. Split the difference and plenty time for coffee, breakfast.

make way to gate as late as possible.

Small soft waterproof kayaking rucksack.

LMT
    Free Member

Yep we have priority boarding paid to get 2 seats together, oh gets really twitchy on flights, wouldn’t be too impressed if I got separate seats.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Being on first with other non bus airlines means you have room for your hand luggage in the overheads, get time to get comfy and settled. It’s nicer when you get your own fast lane too.

There early means you actually get to check in and chill out, not spent anything in an airport in a couple of years 🙂
    If everyone turned up at 1hr/45 mins to go then it would be over crowded stressful through check in and more bags would probably be lost.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Ireland use square 13amp plugs like UK so no need for any mains adaptors

natrix
    Free Member

Make your own sandwiches rather than buying at the airport or on the plane. Also take an empty cycling water bottle and get it filled up by the nice people behind the bar once you’ve gone through security.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I still find it bizarre how people will stand in a queue for an hour in the departure gate. Maybe before Ryanair issued seat numbers it was slightly understandable but people still do it even though the seats are already allocated.

nickc

My bike cost more than me to go to Spain late in the year!

only 2nd time flying with Ryanair, I hope they’ve improved.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I still find it bizarre how people will stand in a queue for an hour in the departure gate.

Yeah, lounge to gate is under 5 mins now they put an extra security gate in the Melbourne lounge, that and the speedy queue means an extra beer/champagne on the way home.

timba
    Free Member

Coat with big pockets to squeeze extra clothes, etc in if necessary

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ryanair anything ive missed…..’ is closed to new replies.