Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Running clothing advice
  • solman
    Free Member

Hey all,

I’m running a half marathon in Feb, and looking for some advice on winter clothing. Specifically, I’m looking for 3/4 length tights to wear underneath my baggies to keep my knees warm.

Can anyone recommend a good pair?

Jamie
    Free Member

I would strongly recommend just wearing shorts as you WILL warm up after the first mile or so.

Nothing worse than being too hot.

nickc

I’m looking for 3/4 length tights to wear underneath my baggies

I’d suggest shorts, or thin running tights. If you have to get 3/4 then contact your local running shop, all the major running brands have something that’ll fit

steve-g
    Free Member

I would strongly recommend just wearing shorts as you WILL warm up after the first mile or so

+ 1

At most you just need lycrs shorts that cover your thighs, tops however are a different matter. Mrs-g got me a thermal lycra top from Lidl, get one, without it you’re in for some serious joggers nipple.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I ran a half in March this year. Although it was in Paris and a sunny day, it was pretty cold. I wore a base layer and tshirt with a plastic bag thing over the top for the first mile or so, 3/4 tights, gloves and an ear warmer thing that also helps keep my long hair out of the way.

I have both Ron Hill 3/4s and longs which i love. I also love the skins compression tights.

PS, don’t opt for the old skool ron hill tracksters that loop under your feet, they look really bad!

nickc

Gotta look cool when you’re running eh dirtygirl? 😉

t_i_m
    Free Member

2XU compression tights are good.

surfer
    Free Member

Shorts and vest. T shirt under your vest if very cold, and I mean sub zero.

I sometimes wear thin gloves for XC/fell races when it is very cold.

surfer
    Free Member

don’t opt for the old skool ron hill tracksters that loop under your feet, they look really bad!

🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Running clothing advice’ is closed to new replies.