Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Rude Tube illegal rave discovered by MTBer
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

On the south downs. Some bloke called Tim. Anyone from here???

zippykona

No but I do remember one in Puttsborough and the traffic backed up down a single file lane into Croyde.
    Luckily I was cycling the other way. God knows how long it took to clear.
    Imagine a mile of cars having to reverse.

PiknMix
    Free Member

He was blagging somewhat about his speed though, his speedo was reading 14!

burgatedicky

“On the south downs”?! Whatever next!
    They’re an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty too, I do hope it wasn’t spoiled!

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Noticed his speed exaggeration too!

tomhoward

Think it was posted on here at the time, can’t remember by who though

towzer

we came across one somewhre nearish Lambourn

variety of people in a variety of levels of alertness

noticeable points – strange increase in the amount of litter/crap near the rave and a massive oil pool where I suspect a sump got ripped as the ruts got bigger

benpinnick

Happen often here in Crowthorne. Sunday morning ride through a rave is a normality!

devash
    Free Member
    GHill

Had to ride through the remnants of a rave a few times on the outskirts of Sheffield. Nearly ran over someone sleeping it off too.

yunki
    Free Member

Was riding up on Dartmoor a couple of years back (STW forum ride IIRC) and I was pleased to hear the sounds of drum n bass carrying on the air across the moor..

The clarity of the sound was awesome.. Bloody kids these days, we never got sound quality like that out of our kit when I were a nipper

FOG

There is often one in the quarry at the Ringinglow end of Houndkirk if you are out early or late. Don’t decide to stop and have a wander in – my mate’s lad went to one on his bike and had it knicked!

mrchrispy

Goyt Valley seems to have a regular one, never had the pleasure myself as I never get out early enough

cakefest
    Free Member

5am mid-summer 2010 I rode through the stragglers at a rave at the bottom of the Bringewood DH course in Ludlow. Massive sound system sitting on the Rhayader-Brum water pipe access, bacon sarnies on the go, around 30 people throwing some shapes, around 20 asleep/comatose/dead on the floor. Fantastic!

cakefest
    Free Member

Nearly forgot, back in summer 1998 three of us were riding the SDW overnight and bivvied at Chanctonbury Ring. Through the night pulsating beats came to us on the sea breeze, woke me up a few times and wasn’t sure what was going on, drifted back to sleep. Woke around 4am with a small posse of New Age folks around us at the Ring to see the stunning sunrise.

DezB
    Free Member

that was 6 months ago… has there been another??

Painey
    Free Member

Same one I believe, up on Devil’s Dyke, an area I ride a lot but I had nothing to do with it.

jekkyl

marked for watching later.

Duggan

Excellent vid. Impressed with the scale of that event, fair play.

There is something quite heartwarming about seeing a massive illegal rave and the odd rambler and cyclist passing through with seemingly no bother.

I’ve been to a couple in the past and they were always good natured, though inevitably some of them will attract a minority of dodgy people.

parkesie
    Free Member

Dogging’s really taken off on the south downs hasn’t it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Is that a Blood Pressure monitor on the bars of the bike, above? There’s more buttons on the bars of that bike, than there is in a Eurofighter. Not to mention computing power.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Rude Tube illegal rave discovered by MTBer’ is closed to new replies.