Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • RSP (Raleigh) carbon Ego dh bars
  • kayak23

Just thought I’d post up my impressions of these bars for those looking for a good value carbon bar.

Cheapest I found them was £59.99 from Activesport ( arrived very quickly)

First off, they are light at 202 grams, which for a 780mm bar left me a little concerned as to where they might have saved weight. Hopefully they’ll prove strong enough. Having already taken a battering at Eastridge including a crash into the trees, I’m fairly sure they’re fine.

The finish is fairly good. It’s sort of shinier than I expected. I suppose this can make them look a little cheap and plasticky ( ahem…) but it’s not bad at all. Shinier than my Easton carbon havocs anyway.
    The centre clamping area has some roughness to it for grip.

Width wise, they are wider than I’m used to at 780mm, I’m used to 750mm on my mega. They do look wide on my hardtail but there is scope to cut them down should you wish.
    I thought I’d try them uncut and was surprised at how quickly I was used to them. I reckon I’ll be leaving them as they feel great riding, though I may change my views when I get into some tight trees… 😉

I’ve stuck them on my Transam hardtail and they’re spot on for it. I was trying to put it on a diet and these are helping so far, along with the new Revs.

Comfort wise, they seem good. Eastridge is rocky and they seemed fine.

All in all, very impressed. If you can get past a bit of brand-snobbery at them being Raleigh (I can easily) then you have a great set of bars, beating others twice the price on weight.

Recommend.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ll second the above, also an owner and quite pleased with them, branding is nice and subtle.

daver27
    Free Member

How do they compare to the Havocs? i got rid of mine as they were far far too stiff.

woodster

I fancy going up to 780, but 202g sounds mad. Is there any warnings about 3″ drops invalidating the warranty?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

No warnings as far as I cann see and they are billed as a DH bar.

stumpy01

Mate of mine works for Raleigh and they are really trying to get the brand back to a good place.
    I’ve ridden some of their road bikes and they seem great, good ride quality and spec so long as you can get past the name, perhaps.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I bought some a couple of weeks ago too – 49.99 at parkers of Bolton 😉 – good shape, and rise. I took 10mm of each end though, which would have been nice to have pre printed cut lines.

Northwind

I don’t think I’d put them on a dh bike personally… Not that they’re not strong enough to survive a bunch of runs but crashes etc eat into the safety margins over time. But if I was buying a trailbike bar tomorrow, sure. Don’t think anything else would even get a lookin frankly, they look amazing value.

(if you want a shorter flat bar, Superstar’s one is well worth a look too btw)

slackman99
    Free Member
    kayak23

It’s a little hard to tell just now. My Havocs are on a full suspension mega, and these on a steel hardtail.
    They feel comfortable though I guess. As comfortable as they can clattering over countless rocks…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

RSP stands for Raleigh Special Projects, which used to be the racing development arm in the day when Raleigh was still a respected force. AFAIK, RSP stuff still sits at the top and is half decent kit.

Northwind

kayak23 – Member

They feel comfortable though I guess. As comfortable as they can clattering over countless rocks…

I think you may have fitted them at the wrong end

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RSP (Raleigh) carbon Ego dh bars’ is closed to new replies.