Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RS Pikes problem
  • wl
    Free Member

Got the fancy top-end Solo Pikes in 140mm on my hardtail and they’re ‘knocking’ when I’m riding rough trails fast (it’s like a loose headset but isn’t). I sent them back under warranty (after my LBS had looked at them and advised me to send them back) but they came back with note saying nothing wrong. Is there a known issue? Is it just something to live with? I had the more basic Pike on my last bike and they were fine. Ta for any tips.

buenfoxa
    Free Member

I had a knocking on mine on big hits – turned out to be because the charger damper needed a bleed which is easy enough to do.

jonnym92

Had this on my Pikes, sent back and replaced under warranty. Something about bushings.. bit weird but I got a new set of forks in the end.

wl
    Free Member

Buenfoxa – cheers, if this is the problem, is that fix a job for my LBS or a proper service? I’m crap at this stuff. Ta.

wl
    Free Member

jonny – cheers. Things is they recently came back from the distributor, apparently ‘nothing wrong’. My newish Reverb is also playing up – I’m rapidly losing faith in RS.

tomaso
    Free Member

I had the knocking when riding on rough trails and the general advice was a small amount of air trapped in lowers following a strip and service resulting in a negative air effect. I stripped them and made extra effort with compressing the forks before putting the bolts on the bottom of the lowers and it went.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RS Pikes problem’ is closed to new replies.