Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RP23 – Propedal not "working"
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

So I’ve just built up an old Five frame. Drunken ebay bargain, it came with an Adaptive Logic RP23 shock. The bikes ride brilliantly, rear suspension is super-plush, partially down to the Kashima coating I presume. Running approx 25% sag at about 220PSi (I way about 80kg + kit) and the shock doesn’t appear to be losing air.

Problem is that no matter what pro-pedal setting its on, it seems to bob under pedalling.

Whats happening? I know its not the same as a lockout, but it would be nice not to pogo my way up road-climbs.

continuity
    Free Member

What else did you expect from an orange five?

Did the fanboys get to you?

zippykona

Mine is the same. Had it fixed once and it’s gone again.
    Seems a common occurrence.

chrismac

If the shock has a boost valve then the boost valve has failed and needs repairing. Mine did the same and I understand its a very common fault. THe shock needs to goto the service / repairer of your choice.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

my 2012 one was exactly the same. apparently it’s poor internals design and a diaphragm which ruptures easily. sent my off to TF tuned to get it push tuned when i last had it serviced and they replaced the internals with shims and now makes the world of difference. only £25 iirc on top of normal service charge so well worth doing

zerocool

The Boost Valve went on my old RP23, I got TF to Push it as it was hardly anymore expensive than the standard service. Much better in my opinion. Although I never bothered using the ProPredal on my Alpine 160. Managed to get a CCDB coil for free last year though and never looked back.

To be honest I”be never had a problem with pedal bob on Orange Bikes and never got on with Pro Pedal (and other Brand’s versions).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

To be honest I”be never had a problem with pedal bob on Orange Bikes and never got on with Pro Pedal (and other Brand’s versions).

Must be very personal, when I demo’d an alpine the orange rep made sure the propedal was set to the max, and it still bobbed.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Right, I’ll go and see if Gravitate Cycles can sort it out…

zippykona

So the Push Tune gets rid of the dodgy internals ?
    How firm is the “lock out” afterwards?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RP23 – Propedal not "working"’ is closed to new replies.