• This topic has 31 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ton.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • RP23 in laymens terms please….
  • ton

help me.

put 300lbs in the thing, sat on it and measured the sag, 27%.
    bloke at mojo said i should run it with propedal on, on setting 2.
    so what turns propedal on and how do i put it in setting 2.

MrNutt
    Free Member

turn the boss drive release a quarter of a turn, hold the red leaver a fraction to the right then extend the blue lever to the left whilst squinting?

ton

nutt, you WILL die where you sleep….. 😈

racing_ralph
    Free Member

pull the central blue dial out and twist into number 2 position, turn propedal dial on – ride! How hard can it be

steel4real
    Free Member

I almost can’t bring myself to say it but..

….read the (expletive obviously deleted) manual ?

firestarter
    Free Member

tony in air shock explosion shocker 😉

ton

there int a manual

steel4real
    Free Member

try t’ internet.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

go on the fox racing shox website, tftuned website – use the ****ing internerd

ton

stop shouting and getting narky ffs, its all the newfangledness of it.
    who sell cheap coil shocks….

;O)

smilies have fecked off too.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

halfords – did you not get one on your new apollo?

steel4real
    Free Member

yeah – where have the smilies gone – I’d have put one maybe but there isn’t any and my connections fading. Bum.

MrNutt
    Free Member

two levers right? one locks it and the other is the pro pedal, which has three settings?

ton

**** hell, no **** smilies, shocks shockin and now connections gone to ratshit.

gonna log on to mtbr
    got a clyde section on there
    loads of fat **** together
    it’s ace…

MrNutt
    Free Member

ere ya go ya big ninny!

http://trekmountain.typepad.com/king/2007/08/fuel-ex-suspens.html

Setting ProPedal RP2 and RP23

On the RP23, you have three levels of platform that you can choose from. You can gauge which platform level is best for you by using the following recommendations. Remember, the open mode (shown above) is identical regardless of which platform setting you choose as you are only changing the close mode:

Platform #1 – You ride a lot of rolling terrain that is fairly rough that doesn’t give you time to switch modes or you spend a lot of time on flatter, mildly rough single-track. This allows for more efficiency than the open mode but with good bump compliance. Riding in the #1 setting reduces the need to flip from open to close on rougher terrain.

Platform #2 – Our favorite setting for terrain that has more extended climbing and with longer descending which gives time to switch modes. The close mode also works well on flat, flowy single track that’s not very rough. In the close mode, it offers just enough bump absorption with outstanding efficiency.

Platform #3 – This setting is for optimum efficiency on a long, smoother climb and for fire road riding. It’s slightly firmer than #2 and is intended to be used as an on and off mode.

About ProPedal
    The Fox Float RP2 and RP23 both utilize a very sophisticated valve system that is highly tuned. Both shocks have an open and closed mode. The closed mode is tuned to allow use in real-world off road conditions, offering efficiency with some bump compliance. The close mode allows for a firm feeling rear suspension that still maintains traction and stability, and with some level of bump compliance. In the open mode it’s all about suspension performance and making the bumps disappear.

crispybacon
    Free Member

😕 😆 😡

Smiles seem to working again 🙂

boxelder

There’s a roundish gnurled dial (with 1, 2, 3 on it) sat on a blue lever.
    Gently pull the dial up and turn it ’til the ‘2’ is lined up with the lever.
    Flick the lever to the left (as you look at it)

You may need to gently ‘twiddle’ the dial ’til it clicks back down into position.

ton

boys, i love you all.

ta much.

ton

what is the red dial behind for then.

ton

thanks again.
    i will sort it now.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ton – Member
    what is the red dial behind for then.

DON’T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TURN THAT!!!

ton

make sure you lock your doors and windows tonight nutt… 😈

steel4real
    Free Member

😉

DrP

Red dial – as craig david sang…
    “can I get a reee-bound……”

DrP

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmm just got up to find my spare room window ajar and my bicycle hat smells kinda acrid?!? anyone know anything about this??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ton, Red dial is REBOUND adjustment. As a big bloke you won’t need much rebound damping as your weight stops the shock moving too fast. So start off by turning it all the way to fast/minimum damping (Anticlockwise IIRC) If, when riding, the shock feels harsh, add one click at a time until it smooths out. If it feels wallowy you’ve gone too far, take a click off.

Hope that helps
    🙂

Sandwich

Soggy shoes as well? 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Ah what a great STW thread. I now feel I’m ready to start my day.

MussEd
    Free Member

Ton – I’ve got a spare manual on disk you can have, if you can’t be arsed to look on Fox’s website?

ton

boys, i love you one and all….. 😀

**** long ride back from swindon this morning… 😉

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘RP23 in laymens terms please….’ is closed to new replies.