Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Royal Mail – Sending disc brakes
  • paddyb
    Free Member

I know there were some issues posted previously with shocks but has anyone had issues with sending brakes?
    In the last two weeks brakes I ordered from CRC have gone missing and brakes I sold on ebay have gone missing.
    It could just be a concidence but it seems odd.

theotherjonv

I just sent a pair OK. Shimano, so min oil is non haz, but if in doubt you could bleed all the juice out beforehand.

Prob do fall foul of their ‘able to contain compressed gas’ rule though.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got a Deore brake for sale and I’m take no chances with RM, just in case. Collect + for me.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

No problem using RM.

Tracey

Had no problem with RM with disc brakes, frames, forks or other parts. When they ask whats boxed up I just tell them bike parts.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Exactly its easy.Some people seem to make a big deal about it on here.

Yetiman
    Free Member

No problems here either. 2 sets posted in the past 2 months, and <shock horror> ….. I even posted a rear shock.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

When they ask whats boxed up I just tell them bike parts.

Exactly its easy.Some people seem to make a big deal about it on here.

It’s not the getting RM to take your item that’s the hard bit. It’s if it goes missing because RM have deemed that it contains compressed gas, or dangerous liquids then you’ve no recourse against them. No shock and no cash as you’ll need to refund the buyer.

For the sake of a couple of quid why risk it?

paddyb
    Free Member

Yes that was the issue. I sent it no problem but had no idea that they would not deliver it due to any restrictions.
    I will use collect+ from now on

jota180
    Free Member

If the liquid content is an issue for some, ship them without fluid – easy

Sundayjumper

How do they know what’s inside the package, are they x-raying everything nowadays ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And despite this, a box containng 5kg of anhydrous causic soda and and 5kg of IPA landed on my doormat (or rather, was placed carefully) the other day.

I’m sure there’s a logic to their system, but that package would have made a heck of a mess if it had burst.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

How do they know what’s inside the package, are they x-raying everything nowadays ?

I suspect they randomly sample stuff and pull anything that looks suspicious valuable.

globalti
    Free Member

A friend of mine got the job years ago of designing a new PO sorting office. A major part of the brief was a gallery above the sorting floor from where security staff could watch the sorters at work. Nowadays I expect they use CCTV.

Just saying, like.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They still have the galleries I expect ours is full on dust :lol:.

burt
    Free Member

Got a package the other day from a large on line retailer. It had been opened, checked and repackaged with a letter from RM saying it had been checked for prohibited articles.

hounslow
    Free Member

I posted a set of Avids a couple of months back, no hassle. I put a padded envelope in the box the replacement Shimano ones came in so they didn’t rattle and wasn’t even asked the value of the package.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail – Sending disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.