• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aP.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Royal Mail incompetence
  • jonb
    Free Member

Royal Mail have lost a £40 parcel I was sending back to a bike shop.

Because the bike shop have failed to answer Royal Mails Questions, RM have said they will close the case (they hope I’m satisified with this pathetic attempt at customer service).

So is there anything I can do? I’m going to contact the bike shop in question but they are a big mail order outfit so probably aren’t going to be the easiest to get action out of.

snaps
    Free Member

They seem good at it don’t they? been delivering number 31s mail to 21 for two weeks!
    HERE

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Its perfectly acceptable that if the bike shop hasn’t helped Royal Mail with their investigation they close the case.

You need to speak to the shop, you have done as much as you can and if your owed money, they need to resolve the issue really.

coffeeking
    Free Member

They lost some items from my mail a efw months ago, I chased it and they asked for the original packaging but never asked for info from the sender. They then lost the packaging I sent back.

Chap came on the phone “We assume that, because you havent sent in the packaging, you want us to drop the case?” I put on my stern tone and said “you’re telling me you lost my first package, and have now lost my second package proving the loss of the first package and you want to get away with it?” – at which point his tone changed and he said “We’ll send out a cheque to you for £42 immediately sir”.

Job done.

woffle
    Free Member

Did you send it special delivery or recorded? If it’s the latter then I don’t think you stand a chance…

steveh

Just phone the complaints help line and tell them that the shop will be in touch as soon as they can and not to close the case.

I had a similar one recently with something i sold. The nice bit was that the guy I’d sent it too hadn’t received the compaint enquiry either and hence hadn’t replied.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you sent the item back to the bike shop you should have a certificate of posting then you can claim £36 back and if it was more than that you should have covered it for more.Its nothing to do with the bike shop if they sent the item to you and you got it then you send it back you are now the sender.

jonb
    Free Member

No I have the certificate, this apparently is the process to get a refund, they need to investigate. I took the risk not insuring it as I decide it wasn’t worth it for the £4 I’d lose. But then I assumed I’d get back the £36 which seems to be where my logic fell down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got to love them you’d think if your job was to deliver stuff you might actually get good at it or work out some systems to avoid “loosing”(replace with whatever you feel like here) parcels.

My mate sent a bike frame back a few years ago on warranty, unfortunately it happened during some strikes and it was never seen again, confused us how anybody could simply steal – sorry mislay a bike box

dan1980
    Free Member

I had a load of birthday cards stolen last year. They came from all over the country, and had been posted a couple of days before, so I’m guessing that the place they would have all come together was in the local sorting office for delivery. And it’s here that some light fingered person decided to half inch them, along with the cash and cheque contents.

Raised a complaint with royal mail as did the people who sent them. Was told it would be investigated. Bugger all happened. I guess if you practically have a monopoly on sorting and delivering mail, you can do what the hell you like, and f*ck the consequences.

jonb
    Free Member

There is a potiential for a great business in Royal Mail after all they have a licenced monoply. It does seem like they continually shoot themsleves in the foot with generally poor service. I think they will inevitably get privatised when the government have to start pawning things to cover the debt. I’ve had just as bad experiences with private couriers so I doubt any new company will be any better. Still they need to sack half the management and kick some of the staff up the arse/out the door to get it up to standard. Like most government departments that will get paid regardless of customer satisfaction they just don’t seem to get why they exist.

tails
    Free Member

rob a post office that’ll teach them

sc-xc

you might actually get good at it or work out some systems to avoid “loosing”(replace with whatever you feel like here) parcels.

I choose the word ‘losing’ as my replacement 😉

aP
    Free Member

In defence of RM, a few years ago I returned a frame to a fairly well known shop/ mail order retailer in the north and discovered that they hadn’t refunded me because they had refused to accept the parcel. It got quite interesting as I was able to tell them the exact times and dates that they had repeatedly refused to accept the parcel after I had been told that RM had lost it by the shop.
    Although to be honest, the shop had lied about everything else as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail incompetence’ is closed to new replies.