Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ROW blocked who do I complain to?
  • D0NK

Was exploring a bit last night and found a signposted public footpath that went were I wanted to go, halfway down it’s blocked by fences, looks like building work cpl of new houses I think, also looks like the work stopped just after foundations were laid.
    Can they just shutdown a ROW indefinitley (if the work has stalled due to economy)?
    If so how do I find out about legitimate closures and time scale of the work?
    Who do I contact to get it sorted?
    Cheers

snaps
    Free Member
    MrAgreeable

Your local council should have a Public Rights of Way Officer who will be able to assist. There is usually a notice up (literally a board by the side of the path) if the right of way is extinguished or suspended.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Normally it would be the council, county rather than district if you don’t live somewhere unitary. Notts county council has an online form you can fill in. You should also be able to find out details of any stopping up orders.

D0NK

Cheers for the advice, clearthattrail is no longer in use tho.
    This is the ROW in question if anyones interested (bolton)

Will check the bolton council sites

wors

where do you live DONK? that sright nr my house. Thats where thos shoite bovis homes are being built isn’t it?

D0NK

Homes of some sort, do you know if work is still ongoing? I presume it must be a legit closure, mind you with some of the dodgy work going on nearby you never know 🙂
    I’m in the Haulgh

wors

from what i know there is an issue with the road leading to those houses why work has stopped.

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve just reported some in Essex to the county council. They have a page set up so you can do it online as well as a load of telephone numbers for officers so I assume that is the correct way to go about it.

ononeorange

Bridleway was blocked by a local farmer creating an embankment round a way; it turned out to be right on the county boundary. I emailed both county councils (addresses on ROW section of their websites) and one of them cleared it after a couple of months.

leftyboy
    Free Member

public footpath is not a ROW for bikes so be cautious when reporting this as they may well give you a hard time if they realise you were on a bike! 🙂

D0NK

I wasn’t on a bike, what a scandalous accusation! 😐

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ROW blocked who do I complain to?’ is closed to new replies.