Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • routes around Salisbury?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

anyone got any suggested mtb routes near to Salisbury? i’m going to be down there this weekend with bike, but don’t really have any idea where to go.

Cheers

Sue

RichPenny
    Free Member

How far do you want to go and where would you go from? Harnham slope just out of Salisbury has some fun stuff, and Grovely Wood, and Old Sarum. Hare Warren, the other side of the Racecourse is OK also. Just need to link some of these bits together. If you want to travel about 45mins out of time, the Purbecks would be my recommendation.

I can send you some tracklogs routes if you want? I’d show you around but won’t be about until monday afternoon. Other members of the forum are local and might be able to help out.

MaxWall
    Free Member

You could always join us Saturday for the SET2RISE. All details here spambiking set2rise 2009
    if you fancy a 12hr overnight event??? 7 mile laps with loads of singletrack and it’s bone dry!! What more could you want??

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hello Sue

I’m in Salisbury and I’m going to be doing some biking over the weekend. No-one else will be coming (I don’t think!) but you’re very welcome to join me. I haven’t planned anything, routes, days or times in order to be spur of the moment, but if you e-mail me (in profile) we can try and sort something out! If you wanted to go with someone, that is.

Alternatively, I like RichPenny’s idea of travelling

45mins out of time

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lots of goodness up on the Plain as well, if you know how to link it up. On a dry sunny day, there are few places more lovely to be!

Normally I’d be jealous of a nice weekend riding around Salisbury, but I’m off to some big hills! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘routes around Salisbury?’ is closed to new replies.