Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Router problems for the hive mind….
  • Ok, so router is working fine with the laptop – internet not slow (well, it is – but no slower than usual), uploads HD video to Youtube fine etc.

However, both my phone and the daughters phone won’t connect. They see it, the IP address is fine, WEP key is fine, and they do actually connect, but then drop out straight away stating poor network connection.

Any ideas?

Stoner
    Free Member

try a different channel?

scaredypants

try a different channel ?

😳

Didn’t even know there were different channels 😳

It’s only a crappy free Thomson one, due to a power surge blowing the usual one.

Goes to investigate

dawson

+1 for different channel

I started having WIFI connection problems a couple of weeks ago and it had been fine and changing it to a different channel seems to have solved it – it had been set to Auto.

Try using Inssider http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ to locate part of the spectrum that is vacant/less densely used – I have set mine to channel 13

jam-bo

Turn it off and on again. My ageing netgear needs a kick every now and again.

bigyinn
    Free Member

They’re reasonable router’s normally. Have you restarted the router? Perhaps consider moving to wpa or wpa2. It’s more secure. Perhaps double check that wireless password.

Drac

Stoner has it, chances are it’s channels for some reason smart phones seem more sensitive to them.

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson_wireless.shtml

allthegear
    Free Member

Adsl routers are so ridiculously cheap these days it’s hardly worth the effort of trying to work it out. Just get a new one.

Sorted – thanks guys

Drac

Good idea, keep buying new ones until you get one that uses a different channel. Far easier.

zokes
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    Adsl routers are so ridiculously cheap these days it’s hardly worth the effort of trying to work it out. Just get a new one.

If ever there was a more apt username with that comment

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Router problems for the hive mind….’ is closed to new replies.