Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 235 total)
  • Rogue One – spoilers
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I loved it but……does everyone have to die?!?!?

shermer75
    Free Member

Also- what’s with the Darth Vader fat-neck??!? lol

eulach

Where’s Wedge?
    Two hours and not even a mention of him. How can you have a film called Rogue One without Rogue One? C’mon Disney. Or did they get him muddled up with the Captain of the TantiveIV?

stewartc
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing Peter Cushing again, do you thing they CGied his slippers?

phil40
    Free Member

The only bits I didn’t like were the CGId Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher. It may have been an artifact of seeing it in 3d but they both looked quite jarringly CGI!!

I did really enjoy the film and thought the tone was very different to the episodic films, but as it said above, did everyone have to die!!!!!

At work about to teach a full day, working on about 2.5hrs sleep….today could be interesting!

Andy_K

loved it last night, good change in tone though, nice to see a bit more grit back in the films. I guess if everyone didn’t get killed, it might make all that rebelling look a bit easy!

shermer75
    Free Member

Peter Cushing looked ok in 2D, Carrie Fisher not so much…

terrahawk
    Free Member

That last scene with Darth Vader though.

phil40
    Free Member

What a scene! Properly unleashed doing dark side stuff! He was actually scary again!

slackboy

Yes, leia was a bit too obviously computer generated. The scene would have been better just with a back view. Didn’t need the lily gilded like that

slackboy

loved it but……does everyone have to die?

That’s the freedom that not having to leave the door open for a sequel gives you

shermer75
    Free Member

True that. It’s a shame though- I really liked the Jynn Erso character, I would have liked to have see her in another film or two! 🙂

shaggy

I enjoyed it and really liked the tone. I found the 3D annoying, there seemed to be too many blurred layers. I also thought, in the beginning especially, it was too dark to see a crisp image. Anyone else, or was I unlucky?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Watched in 2d of course but great, kind of twigged it wasn’t going to end happily and glad for it, somehow a ship swooping in would have ruined it.

dawson

Just back from seeing it, enjoyed the final battle and Vader’s last scene.

Thought the big droid was a bit Lady Brien of Tarth in mannerisms.

Was the chap that Jynn bumps into in the street, the same as who Luke bumps into in the cantina in New Hope?

shermer75
    Free Member

Was the chap that Jynn bumps into in the street, the same as who Luke bumps into in the cantina in New Hope?

Yes, I thought it was a deliberate reference..

dawson

Cool

mcnultycop

It was superb.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just back from seeing it, enjoyed the final battle and Vader’s last scene.

Yep, want more of that! Now they have cracked the happy ending problem maybe it’s time for a dark side film

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thought the big droid was a bit Lady Brien of Tarth in mannerisms.

She plays Phasma

Sanny
    Free Member

Right. Saw it in IMAX. Loved it. Going to see it again. However, the trailers make me wonder what the pre rewrite ending would have been. The scenes with Jyn running on the beach with the plans is gone as is the one running in the Imperial base with the plans and K2SO. No Tie fighter confrontation either. I am now really keen to know what the pre reshoot film would have looked like. On the Imax, the cgi Leia and Tarkin worked brilliantly. Oh and no Krennic walking through the water nor the stormtroopers in the shallows.

Also, did I spot Boba Fett in the trees in the fan reel they released back in April?

I really hope there is an alternate edit or someone publishes it online!

shermer75
    Free Member

There’s been a reshoot?!?!?

beej

Where’s Wedge?
    Two hours and not even a mention of him

He was mentioned on the tannoy when they were in Yavin control room.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Watched in 2d and thought it was bloody awesome. K2so reminded me of Stewie Griffin a bit.
    I think about fifteen minutes from the end as the rebels were getting picked off and thinking about how this was going to tie in with A New Hope, it was looking like a suicide mission to me and I’m glad they went through with that ending. It was quite gritty and compelling viewing and laid off overly sentimental bollocks and childish humour, it may well be my favorite Star Wars.

simondbarnes

Watched earlier today. Most enjoyable.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Saw it this afternoon. loved it. Nice link to the original Ep4. Loved the more evil Grand Moff Tarkin, he always seemed a bit light on his loafers in the original. Nice epic space fight scene at the end. And yes – everyone had to die. I think there was a reference int he original films about the cost involved in getting the plans (will have to re-watch maybe), but I always thought the the task of getting the plans was costly in terms of lives lost.

I wish they has spent more time with the battle on the disabled Rebel flagship about getting the plans onto the Leah’s ship with more Vader kick ass action in lieu of alot of the stuff int he first half which I felt dragged on a little too much.

Lots of scenes in the trailers that were not in the main film which was a bit weird. I think I need to see it a couple more times to get the whole thing. What was all the faffing about with the pilot on the shuttle trying to hook up the shuttle to the network when the plans were transmitted via the big antenna?

Would have loved it if they had made it even darker. I know they’ve got to make the right classification so kids can see it, but a real dark version of the film would have been great.

Looking forward to seeing it again!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What was all the faffing about with the pilot on the shuttle trying to hook up the shuttle to the network when the plans were transmitted via the big antenna?

So he could radio those chaps outside the shield gate and tell em to break it open

terrahawk
    Free Member

I think there was a reference int he original films about the cost involved in getting the plans (will have to re-watch maybe), but I always thought the the task of getting the plans was costly in terms of lives lost.

that’s the 2nd Death Star

markcurtains
    Free Member

Watched in 2D this morning (straight off nightshift) I though some Peter Cushing scenes looked OK, some he looked a little bit too big in the face, not as gaunt as he actually was. Still, I enjoyed the fact they did that though as I have avoided everything about it and had no idea they were doing it. Subsequently, Leia was less of a shock. I reckon just showing her from the back would’ve been a cop out, although again, I thought her face was a little bit too big. Could just be me, haha.

Favourite line was the robot saying to Jyn after she says the force field would destroy their ship and kill them all, “Not me, I’d be fine floating in space”.

Will probably go again as the last 5 minutes was one of the best things ever. I nearly cheered when the little escape ship with Leia and the plans appeared. And of course Darth stood in the doorway with lightsabre at the ready.

nuke

Saw last night and loved it 😀

…however the only thing i will add is i really wanted to see the aftermath of the two colliding Star Destroys that then hit Scarifs deflector shield; would have looked awesome if one of those Star Destroys had then crashed to the surface

fooman

Gareth Edwards has gone out of his way to replicate the look of the original trilogy, like one of those dramas set in the 60/70s where they obsess over the detail. When they entered the building with the shiny floor I was thinking ‘shoe box robot’ and there it was! Blink and you’d miss it. A great fan film, very enjoyable.

andy4d

OK just back from seeing it in 3d with 12 9year olds!!! So that may of been part of the reason I didn’t think it was all that. It’s OK but I much preferred The Force Awakens.I agree with others who said the 3d was not great.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Was Jeremy bulloch in there or did I imagine him?

The two jyn bumped into must have left just after that so as to not be killed. I guess they were just around the corner from Tatooine.

Enjoyed it a lot though.

twistedpencil

Loved it. Very dark, very well done to kill off all the heroes was a brave move. Now intrigued by how much was reshot…

palmer77
    Free Member

Saw it tonight, some great characters (noteably Chirrut and Baze), and subsequently a shame they all died…

celticdragon

Shermer, everyone dying was the right move. It also brought home the line “a lot of people died getting these plans” or something along those lines in ep 4

niksnr
    Free Member

Does anyone know who the female Jedi was? Referred to as serving well in the past?

gifferkev

That was a reference to obi-wan, I thought they were discussing your jedi friend

niksnr
    Free Member

Ah OK, my bad. Must have misheard. Thought they said “she” had served them well previously.

bensales
    Free Member

He was talking about Leia and Obi-wan together quickly. Using Leia to get the plans to Obi-wan.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 235 total)

The topic ‘Rogue One – spoilers’ is closed to new replies.