Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rockshox service kits
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs of relatively old forks: 2006 Revelation U-turn and 2009 Reba Race. Both have 32mm stantions and I wanted to give them both a lower leg service at home so I ordered some of this kit and some oil (the kit was about half that price when I got them)

Went to do the Revelations tonight and the foam rings aren’t the right size. I’ve not looked at the Reba forks but not sure if they’ll fit those either. The old foam rings cleaned up ok so I’ve reused them, but as they’re old I’d like to change them soon really.

Rockshox/SRAM have deemed these forms obsolete and don’t show the user guide or service manual on their website, so maybe finding the right service kits is going to be hard work.

Is there anywhere that sells these kits where you can input your exact fork and they send the right kit? A bit like the flippy cards in Halfords for car windscreen wipers and brake lights.

nickdavies

Everything’s still available, amazon have everything in stock you need for those forks for a full service, just checked.
    Foam rings are available for the 2006 revs separately. Your Rebas won’t fit either. I’d link but it’s a pain on the iPad, just search you’ll see them. Both of your forks are listed in the 2011 sram spare parts catalogue with part numbers for the seals and foam kits.

If you just want to do the lowers and seals it’s easier to buy a set of seals and foams for each fork then you can bulk buy the crush washers for the legs separately, iirc it was about £16 for 50 of each last time I got some but you can often re use the existing ones.

Edit:
    2006 rev seals and foams: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Shox-Revelation-Argyle-114310290000/dp/B001CJVGUG

Rs parts manual is a little bit confusing but I think those seals will also work on your 2009 Rebas. It’s not specifically listed on the part description but it’s under the Reba section of the manual.

Service manuals still available if you look.
    09 Reba: http://www.ciclocoimbroes.com/docs/Rockshox_manual_tecnico.pdf

swoosh
    Free Member

Great thanks, I’ve saved those manuals for another time now. 10mm foam rings are what I need then? That would be about right for the Revs I did last night.

What are the crush washers? I’ve not seenention of those in any video or online instructions I’ve been looking at.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox service kits’ is closed to new replies.