Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox reverb – which one do i "need" – help
  • organic355
    Free Member

So first of all can someone clarify if you actually get a clamp with the MMX version? I dont have XX shifters/brakes and wanted to just mount the clamp separately, but all the pics on line seem to show the remote witout a clamp. Does anyone know if it comes with one?

Also what length to get? My frame only has 8″ of insertion max and I am currently using a 410mm thomson seatpost trimmed to 350mm so that I can drop it a little, at the seatposts highest Ive probaly got around 130mm in the frame and around 210 out of the frame so dont know if i need the 355, 380 or 420mm version. What is that measurement referring to? the total length of the post, or the amount exposed above the frame? I think the 355 is only 100mm drop and the 380 and 420 are 125mm drop?

I think i would like to be able to slam the post to the frame or have it pretty close an to be able to drop the saddle as low as possible. So if I get the 380mm which is 125mm drop does that mean 255mm is in the frame? this is 10 inches which is too much for my frame. So do I need the 355 with 100 drop? or go for the 380 and have 2 iches out of the frame?

I am sure ths isnt that difficult but want to be sure before buying.

oh yeah, and right hand or left hand lever? i have heard a lot of people get a right hand and flip it under the bars on the left to protect it from crash damage?

Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what does the bike shop say (or is it all in german….)

Length is post below the drop. So as much as you can cope with really. Not sure if it includes the top nut thingy in the measurement. Tried the SRAM tech pages?

Size for max ride hight an go from there.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

MMX version clamp also works stand alone. I have the MMX with Shimano controls. Right hand clamp, flipped to under the left bar.

Length quoted is the overall length of the post from rails to bottom.

On a 125mm drop you need 190mm of post exposed at full extension – that’s from the bottom of the collar to the top.

Therefore, to fit a 380mm post, there would need be 190mm above the collar and your frame would been room for a further 190mm below the collar (insertion plus extension).

Since your current post sticks out more than 190mm, you either run full height and use 125mm drop, or if the frame allows, install it another 20mm further in to get more ultimate drop, but loose that off full height.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox reverb – which one do i "need" – help’ is closed to new replies.