Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb seatpost
  • ActionJackson
    Free Member

Just looking at the Rockshox Reverb seatpost and is there much difference between the mmx left and mmx right. Was thinking of mounting on the left hand side as 1×10 so will the mmx right be ok for this side?? Getting seatpost from germany.

Cheers for your help.

Matt24k
    Free Member

MMX left and right are designed to sit under the bar on the left and right.
    You can mount them on the opposite side but they will be above the bar.

ActionJackson
    Free Member

Thanks Matt, was just looking at Sram website and figuring out which side the hose came out.

Thanks 🙂

Doh1Nut

If you are talking about the bike-components.de ones then the right hand mmx ones sit above the bar on the right (or below on the left)
    The MMX bit just un-bolts to leave a std handlebar clamp.

N

eshershore
    Free Member

@matt24k

and this is where the problem lies with using the “right” version on the left

when you mount it on the left (for 1 x 9 or 1 x 10 setups) the trigger sits on top of the bar and becomes very vulnerable to getting snagged on clothing and snapped off

as I found out, when to climb a steep chute, the bottom of my riding shorts snagged the trigger and snapped the shaft clean off

SRAM (Fishers) were brilliant and replaced the damaged part FOC within 3 days, but after this I had several moments where I caught my shorts again and managed to stop moving before the trigger snapped off…

ruscle
    Free Member

Wrong info from matt, the mmx is the same as the normal bar mount just with an extra bit for fitting your xx brakes to. This bit can be removed so is then like a normal bar mount for the reverb. Right and Left is which side its mounted on, on the top of the bar but they can be mounted on the opposite side turned up side down so it will be on the under side of the bar, this is how a lot of people prefer to mount it as its out of the way in case of an accident so will not get damaged.

ActionJackson
    Free Member

Thanks for that as going to order one this afternoon. Don’t think my life was complete without one! Or at least the bike anyways. 🙂

scud
    Free Member

I bought one of the right hand bar mount from On One when they had them for £199 for the 2012 one and have fitted it on the left with no problems, XX brake mount can be removed

Matt24k
    Free Member

Never could work out my right from left.
    As other posters have pointed out most people mount them underneath although they are designed to go on top. My confusion comes from the fact that I do mount my right hand model on top on the right as I have SRAM Attack grip shifters which cover the remote when the bike is upside down. All the other people I ride with have them underneath and no one has managed to snag their shorts on one, yet.
    I hope that has cleared up any confusion. Probably not.

scruff
    Free Member

They are a pain the behind to set up with Shimano Brakes & shifters. Mine is currenly a LH uni ton RH underneath. Was looking at about getting Ispec mounts to help but it seems its only for the Big S’s 10s speed shifters.

snakebite
    Free Member

tell me about these, I AM 10 SPEED dude…

Paceman
    Free Member

’tis done 😀

2012 125mm Reverb ordered from HiBikes in Germany, £220 incl p&p, bleed kit, enduro collar and all the latest gubbins in the box. Can’t wait!

Plan to run the RH shifter on the left under the bars. Toyed for awhile with the 355mm/100mm travel option but decided the very small overall weight saving wasn’t worth it and travel can be limited if needed with the enduro collar.

jfeb
    Free Member

I am a rare breed of Dual Control user and have found that fitting the Reverb remote is a real pain. It seems to fit only on the top and even then I can’t get it quite where I want it.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Got mine in the post today from the UK and paid £170 really surprised (pleasantly) today when it turned up and it’s the new black enduro collar version with bleed kit, travel spacer etc.

Can’t wait to try it out!

honourablegeorge

MoseyMTB – Member

Got mine in the post today from the UK and paid £170 really surprised (pleasantly) today when it turned up and it’s the new black enduro collar version with bleed kit, travel spacer etc.

Can’t wait to try it out!

From where?

neil853
    Free Member

+1 from where?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Where from indeed?

Matt24k
    Free Member

another +1 from where?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve been told it was a one off to shift stock and not to mention names.

Apologies for getting hopes up.

godzilla
    Free Member

This enduro collar thing, is that the silver split clamp thing, and are you suppose to clamp it on the stanchion?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Thats the travel limiter. Clamp it on the stanchion and it can be set where you like.

godzilla
    Free Member

Clamp it on the stanchion

😯 Realy! there is no way i would trust that thing not to damage the stanchion, has anyone fitted one? i can just imagine plonking my ass down and pushing the collar right up to the saddle.

Paceman
    Free Member

Im plan to carry the enduro collar in my pack in case of hydraulic failure, at least you can then run the post as a standard fixed one.

eshershore
    Free Member

@godzilla

clean the stanchion before fitting the clamp, use a torque wrench and no more than 5nm

the stanchion is hard anodised, and the clamp is finished to very high tolerances, you will not do any damage if fitted properly…

forred
    Free Member

For info – just received my reverb from bike discount.de. Paid just under £180 delivered. Super quick delivery and although on website it said no bleed kit it actually came with the full kit. Top marks to the germans. Cheapest around and great service. Please catch up uk suppliers.

ActionJackson
    Free Member

Got mine from Germany in 3 days, not sure how !! Anyway paid just over £180 and no bleed kit, fitted on RHS no problem with lever underneath. Can’t wait to try it. 🙂

Thanks for all the posts

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb seatpost’ is closed to new replies.