Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation O-ring kits
  • Mat

I’ve got a set of 2008 Dual air revs that started having issues (I think oil was leaking between the 2 spring chambers) so I decided to give them a major overhaul (rather than the usual oil change). I bought a seal kit from ebay but I had some issues with the sizing, on the MoCo cartridge the flared o-ring that seems to stop the fluid leaking from the cartridge kept leaking, I rebuilt the fork 3 times and every time I turned it upside down oil poured out the top! Also all of the internal piston o-rings were really tight meaning they were a pain to get back into the stanchion, I’m not sure if this will do much good for the stiction of the fork. This caused real issues getting the MoCo cartridge in and out too, the o-ring at the bottom was so tight that when I unscrewed the top cap again to get it out the cap came away and left the rest of it (the red bit) in the stanchion. I’ve rebuilt for the time being using some of the original o-rings and that’s solved the leak for now but I’d like to replace these.

So can anybody recommend me where I can get an o-ring kit from? I’d seen Loco was saying a year ago he was going to make up some kits but I can’t find these on his website. I also see TFT have kits but they don’t seem to do the internal o-rings for the Moco cart.

Thanks in advance!

Mat

shameless bump…

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes we do pattern kits for damper side and seal to stop the leak out of top of moco as well. Just updating website listings a little at a time as alot of stuff to add.

Saying that it sounds like the moco maybe damaged if just the top cap has pulled out leaving the main body in the fork chassis.

Mat

Thanks LoCo, just seen them all listed on your website, I take it it’s this one I want to do the moco cart?

05-10 LoCo Pattern seal kit 32mm damper service kit
    (Orings, circlips & crush washers)

The plastic thread on the red cartridge body had a we bit taken off but nothing significant, I was still able to thread it back on. Thinking about it I wonder if the cartrige unscrewed itself we I refitted it because of how tight the o-ring was at the bottom (what with it being reverse threaded and all that) meaning it was already detached when i took the cap back off. I take it you can’t buy new cartridges anyway?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes just added those back onto the site this morning, the moco leak seal is a separte item though, not listed yet but we have them, we may have spare parts for damaged older cartridges in the spare bin.
    Damper are replaceble with newer item as well, but they are £50 upwards depending on spec.

Any queries feel free to give us a call at the workshop, will be here till late tonight too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mat who did you use on ebay ?

I fitte ebay evilhomersimpson seals to a set of revs last night with no dramas to report. How ever this was to rectify an issue caused by dodgy cheaper ebay seals that as you say were a pig to reassemble once fitted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation O-ring kits’ is closed to new replies.