Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox Reba RL 100mm
  • mtbcowboy
    Free Member

Does anyone know if this version of the reba can be changed to 120mm travel by moving an internal spacer?

http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-reba-rl-solo-air-26-fork-73015.html

devash
    Free Member

Nope. The solo air models need a new air spring to change the travel.

mtbcowboy
    Free Member

Balls! So is it only the dual air rebas that you can change the travel on? Some are advertised as 80/100/120 travel adjustable via an internal spacer.

I have a 9 mm QR wheel with a 1.1/8″ headtube sized bike ( ie not tapered) so I was hoping I could get a 120mm fork and avoid having to buy a new wheel.

All these different sizes i.e 26″,27.5, 29″ 9mm QR, 15mm axle, parallel and tapered steerer options are a right ball ache.

zippykona

I don’t think all dual airs are convertible. Please someone make my day and prove me wrong.

LoCo
    Free Member

Travel state usually the max, the chassis lowers, uppers and spring systems can all have an affect on this, with OE forks too (not sure on these) the parts can vary too as they maybe specced for a specfic model.

mtbcowboy
    Free Member

I suppose to know for sure which ones if any can be changed to 120mm I will have to email sram technical support.

It looks like I will have to get a second hand fork or buy a new wheel and upgrade (at much extra cost and hassle) to the 15mm axle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba RL 100mm’ is closed to new replies.