Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Monarch RC3 Plus Debonair – What tune needed for a 2014 Alpine 160?
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

Hi all,

As above, I’ve tried looking everywhere but can’t seem to find the tune needed, Orange have them fitted to their new RS Alpine 160 but don’t state the tune.

I’ve tried calling with no luck.

Thanks for any help.
    TomO

Sim

Tunes for 2015 (27.5″) Alpine 160s are different to those on a 2014 Alpine 160 (26).
    The 2015 Alpine 160 doesn’t use a Debonair shock, it’s a regular air volume Monarch Plus. The tune for that is, from memory:
    Rebound – M
    Compression – L3

Factory shuts at 1 on a Friday but opens at 8 on Monday if you want to call then.

poah
    Free Member

they only sell them as MM in after market tune as far as I know

philwarren11
    Free Member

So would my 2014 26″ frame have the wrong tune? I bought my frame with a Monarch Plus from Orange.

Its a M L like you say.

poah
    Free Member

thats not an aftermarket shock though. You can get the shims for each of the tunes from rockshox. if I wanted to make my shock HH or HL I could

russyh
    Free Member

Be interested in peoples thoughts about the correct tune for a 26″ Orange five with a monarch + Debonair. i bought mine aftermarket with M/M

poah
    Free Member

orange consider the debonair too linear for the five.

russyh
    Free Member

They say it’s too linear for all single pivots as I understand it, apparently all large volume cans have the problem. To be honest I am really happy with it and wouldn’t really call it linear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Monarch RC3 Plus Debonair – What tune needed for a 2014 Alpine 160?’ is closed to new replies.