Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Rock Shox Revelation – can't get along with them
  • dang100
    Free Member

@ Stumpy, LoCo & CaptainMainwaring: Aha! I think I get it now. I must still not have enough -ve air pressure because I was trying to get all the air in quickly and detach the pump before I lost all the pressure! I imagine that’s what is losing the sensitivity in the low-speed bumps. Thanks for the tortoise/hare explanation too.

@bigjim: no, not yet. That’s a job I’m going to tackle in January. I’m finding some space for a workshop – I don’t fancy pulling my forks apart in the living room!

bigjim

@bigjim: no, not yet. That’s a job I’m going to tackle in January. I’m finding some space for a workshop – I don’t fancy pulling my forks apart in the living room!

i did mine in the living room! You just need a little tub to catch a few ml of oil if you are lucky enough to have any in them, and a few clean rags handy to catch any drops.

ojom
    Free Member

i did mine in the living room!

oooohhhhhhhh I’m telling!!!

dreednya

i did mine in the living room!

brave man!!!!!

bigdonx
    Free Member

I must still not have enough -ve air pressure because I was trying to get all the air in quickly and detach the pump before I lost all the pressure!

You shouldn’t lose air with the pump attached unless there is a fault of some sort – yes if you detach/reattach the pump you will get a drop from what it was before – but should not keep losing pressure.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

if it has no small bump sensitivity try all compression damping off – zero – floodgate open

bigjim

I must still not have enough -ve air pressure because I was trying to get all the air in quickly and detach the pump before I lost all the pressure!

as bigdon says this should be fine – the hiss you hear should just be the pressurised air from the pump tube escaping. I would avoid going above the +ve pressure to start with – start with equal or slightly less. My -ve valve does leak oil and air over a while though.

oooohhhhhhhh I’m telling!!!

she’s worse than me actually! but we are soooo losing our deposit on that flat….

Dekerf
    Free Member

Just wondering if the tuning advice would given here would be similar for 2010 Sid Teams?

Just got some and thought the instructions to be lacking…

glenh
    Free Member

bigdonx – Member

You shouldn’t lose air with the pump attached unless there is a fault of some sort – yes if you detach/reattach the pump you will get a drop from what it was before – but should not keep losing pressure.

Exactly.
    Important question – are you losing pressure over time while the pump is attached?
    If you are then there is a problem that might explain the lack of small bump sensitivity!

Oh, and dekerf, yes, SIDs are essentially the same.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Revelation – can't get along with them’ is closed to new replies.