Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rock Shox Pike Forks Issues
  • beano68
    Free Member

Got 160mm Pikes on my 2014 Enduro Expert and yesterday I used the shock pump to adjust the pressure and when I unscrewed the pump all the air pished out !!! and the chamber just emptied completely.

So yet again is this another another sodding warranty issue ??

It took a month for them to sort out my seatpost under warranty and I don’t want to loose the bike again for another month as with Ard Rock coming up,so would it be easier just to sent it to TF Tuned and get those guys to do it plus it needs a service anyway as its way too hard when I use the recommended settings and it does tend to stick.

hora
    Free Member

give the valve itself a good workout- push in out etc- it could just be sticking as you remove your pump.

legend
    Free Member

that ^ plus take the top cap off the bike and give it a good clean, might just be gunked up

beano68
    Free Member

Okee Dokee I’ll try that … Can I blast some GT85 in there ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Remove the valve core, give it a good clean, check & clean pump head too.

beano68
    Free Member

Cheers lads

Just had a proper look and the damper has gone so it’s getting sent back under warranty

The joys!

soobalias
    Free Member

Just had a proper look and the damper has gone so it’s getting sent back under warranty

can you expand on that?

beano68
    Free Member

One seal is leaking on the one side and when you fully compress the forks is doesn’t rebound … it just stays there.. even with the correct air

LoCo
    Free Member

Which seal is leaking?

Sounds like the fork is negatively charged I.E the negative transfer port is blocked so the air has left the Positive air chamber but the negative is still charged and compressing the forks.
    Clean the air valve and re pressurize pulling forks to full travel to equalize the air chamber pressures.

beano68
    Free Member

Its the seal on the charger side.. i.e compression settings side

I’ve now booked it in to the LBS now, plus its never really been right from new so hopefully it’ll be a quick…ish turnaround.

Thanks for the headsup anyway LoCo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Pike Forks Issues’ is closed to new replies.