Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Roblox
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Bought my 9-year old a Kids edition Kindle for his birthday. I’ve avoided letting him have access to tablets/phones etc on the whole as he goes a bit loopy with screen time, but figured he needs a bit more access to keep up with technology. The Kindle is fully locked down to basic access and he’s limited to 1 hour day tops. He’s starting to want stuff unlocked though.

Anyone have kids playing (?) on Roblox?

I like the construction and game-creating side of things, but am wary of the social side.

Any advice/experience?

twistedpencil

It seems okay, I don’t quite get it but it looks like loads of mini games revolving around beating up other players.

I’m a bad parent my vetting skills need to be more rigorous:-)

Minecraft was brilliant, but now my 9yo seems to like playing the online battles more than building stuff, again I need to just lock this feature.

loddrik
    Free Member

My kids (7 & 11 girls) are constantly on it. Theyve spent some serious money on it too. I had to say enough was enough for the Robux purchases. They love it though. Plus they can link up with their friends and all play together.

gnusmas

8 year old and 13 year old play it, they absolutely love it. It is a collection of mini games, some based on other games and films but quite harmless tbh. There are a lot of unsuitable games out there but personally think roblox, minecraft, lego worlds and the like are brilliant for them especially as co-op play.

We have always had a rule which they stick to in all fairness that we won’t allow any purchase of in game items, only the games themselves. Purchase of in game items could get out of hand and expensive i would imagine.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

As always with these things it’s the ‘social’ side that is destructive.

Some of the language from other users means I don’t let my kids near it once I saw what was going on.

I don’t need a shut-in in the US calling my 8 year old a f***ing p*ssy when he’s just playing a game.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s a mental game.

Running around mad as lorries in some hellish landscape as your competitors are brutality killed by traps.

kabih
    Free Member

Initially seemed OK.

However the social side is not great a times and the type of games a bit iffy.

So we are in the room if they want to go on it. If it’s deemed unsuitable then the choice is either different mini game or no Roblox. Children similar age to those above, now know what is acceptable.

No in app purchase either.

riklegge

We used to allow our 8 year old on it, but as above the social side was unacceptable. There were complaints from him about deleting it, but he’s happy enough playing other games now.

gnusmas

My two are happy playing it without chatting/listening to other players so they still play the games but without any of the interactive social side.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Roblox’ is closed to new replies.