Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • roadie content: well over the top kit for me, should i?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’m in a quandry over whether to buy a frame or no, which is unlike me, so thought i’d throw it to the masses for comment..

long and short, i’ve always ridden mtb until a three years ago when i got a cx bike and started playing with that. i really enjoy the odd road ride, i run one of my cx bikes with slicks, but its really nothing serious. however i have been curious for a while what a ‘proper’ road bike would be like.

decided to sell a couple of bikes to pay for a roadie and have been looking on ebay and variuos classifieds for an older used s works roubaix or tarmac – which is proving hard.

i’ve now been offered a frame, 150quid more than the top of my budget (wanted to spend up to 400), but although i can stretch to it i’m undecided because i think its way to good for what i’d use it for.

on the plus its a lovely frame with great reviews and would make an excellent ongoing project to pop on better kit over the years.

on the negative, for the use i’d give it it would be like having a ferrari on the scillies.

can’t decide!

Joxster
    Free Member

What size are you looking for, I’m clearing out my garage of bikes/frames.

If you can afford it, then why not. If you’re not sure if you can, then don’t.

I’ve got a Giant OCR that hasn’t been used for the last 2yrs that I’ll let go with wheels (Fulcrum Racing 5), headset and seatpin for £400 – It’s a size small

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’m 5ft11 and seem to be around a 56cm.

Joxster
    Free Member

It’s too small you, and the other only is a go to the pub bike.

How about a BH Trailkiller?

MrSmith
    Free Member

i’m 5ft11 and seem to be around a 56cm.

do you know what size frame you need for a road bike? unless you get fitted or ride enough road bikes to work out your effective top tube measurement then why spend lots of money on a frame when it might be the wrong size for you?
    obviously if you have been fitted and sized properly then ignore the above.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘roadie content: well over the top kit for me, should i?’ is closed to new replies.