• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road Tyres For Cross Bike
  • growinglad
    Free Member

Okay, I’ve got a Rose Versand DX Cross with Schwalbe Racing Ralph (700x33c). I do a mix between dirt tracks and road and the tyres are pretty good on the road…but a little sketchy on wet tarmac. I’m looking to get a set of road tyres for longer group road only rides.

Could someone let me know what size road tyres would be okay with Mavic Cross Rides?

Thanks GL

faustus

My ‘road’ bike is a cross frame with 29er disc wheels, and I use Schwalbe Durano dual compund 25mm tryes for the road, and they are brilliant. They roll and grip very well, have good punture protection and are light – plus they seem to last very well. £20 each on bikediscount.de…

The internal diameter of my rims is 19mm (same as crossrides i think) and there have been zero issues with fitting and performance – including high speed descents of l’Alpe d’Huez!

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’ve run 25c on 19mm rims (internal) and they’re fine.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Stick on some conti gp 4season 28mm. I’ve always run 23 or 25mm tyres on my cx commuter but the 28’s have made a big difference to comfort and ‘roll over everythingness’.

mulacs

As per Gary_M, run these in my Cdf for commuting. Happy! Got mine from wiggle + tubes for less than 50£ using the email voucher…

MoreCashThanDash

I’m using 32mm Conti Sport Contacts as my tarmac/towpath tyres on a Pinnacle CX bike

growinglad
    Free Member

Thanks guys, Yep wasn’t sure between 25 and 28…will go with 28’s as I like my bikes like me women….

….Sturdy!!

Thanks again GL!

cp

Just to reinforce… I really rate conti gp 4 seasons 28mm. Light, loads of grip in wet and dry, even when very cold, and they roll very well particularly on rough tarmac.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road Tyres For Cross Bike’ is closed to new replies.