• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mskay468-spam.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Road shoes for wide feet
  • adam5555

Can anyone recommend some brands of road shoes to try for someone with wide feet? Looking to spend around the 80 quid mark.

Cheers

Cletus

I have very wide feet and Shimano seem the best fit for me.

karnali
    Free Member

i have wide feet find specialized fine, sidi mega ok and justordered some bont shoes

ransos
    Free Member

I found the DHB shoes ok, but went a size larger than normal.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Sidi mega

TiRed

Just bought some Fizik R1s and they seem wide. I have D width feet so am not impressed!

Anyone recommend some narrow ones? I ride Shimano and find them pretty narrow. Any others.

damitamit
    Free Member

Sidi normal are narrow. Specialized/fizik are fairly wide.

If you want some Fizik R1s 43 I will be selling mine shortly (also have some Spesh Pros 44 too).

Onzadog
    Free Member

Giro do a hv (high volume) range. Widest I could find without going custom.

bob_summers

It’s not just the width per se, it’s whether the widest point of the shoe coincides with the widest part of your foot, this is why you really need to try them on. My feet seem to have the widest part further forwards, so Specialized & Northwave shoes didn’t help. Bonts are the best fit I’ve come across, they’re quite ‘blunt’ at the toe, but would be over your budget of 80 quid.

bigG
    Free Member

My suggestion would be find a decent set of second hand Sidi Megas. I have feet like a gorilla and normal Sidi shoes kill me. The mega’s are like slippers…

jkomo

What about Mavic Avenge Maxi?
    Only £80 from CRC.
    I am a size 8.5 so open to second hand 43.

jkomo

I’ve just been to the trek store in Milton
    Keynes.
    Bought some Bonty DLX road shoes, lovely fit, nice and wide, very stiff, and only £90.
    Best thing is, once you’ve tried them in real life, you can take them back if you don’t like em.
    Can’t argue with that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Road shoes for wide feet’ is closed to new replies.