Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • road shoes for wide feet
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

are these any good?:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r1-road-cycling-shoe/

Lots of positive reviews, seem good value for money.
    Anyone know if they are good for wider feet and a good shoe in general.
    If not, what would you recommend at this price point?

winterfold
    Free Member

I havent got or tried those but have wide feet and specialized shoes are quite accommodating.

I prefer my pimp mavics but I have to get 44 instead of my normal 42 to get them wide enough

However, the price and reviews of the dhbs cannot be argued with – why not get some and send them back if they aren’t wide enough?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Shimano do a wide fitting as well as a ‘normal’ one. i got a pair of wide fitting Shimano MO87 shoes recently that accommodate my bunion-infested feet better than the older Trad-fit shoes they replaced. I think Merlin have the same shoe on offer right now for about £55, reduced from 79.

If you have truly abnormally wide feet, Keen do an SPD-equipped shoe that will give you that Hobbit-chic look you’re after. Can attest to the comfiness of other Keen shoes but the SPD one was, sadly, out of my price range at £100 plus.

EDIT: Scratch all that pish, never realised it was road shoes you were after. D’oh!

emanuel
    Free Member

both shimano and sidi do wider road models.
    I find the normal shimano a bit wider than the normal sidis.
    keep an eye on crc,they usually have quite good deals on shimano road shoes.

Dan67
    Free Member

Try northwave. My typhoon sbs’s are much more comfortable than my shimano’s for fit. They are proper stiff because of its carbon sole. Also looks pimp in white

Digger90
    Free Member

I have E width feet and found Sidi, Shimano etc too narrow. I now use Specialized BG road and mtb shoes which have nice wide toe boexs and wider fittings in general I find.

ventana_craig
    Free Member

I have wide feet. I’ve tried all of the above and found diadora to be the only comfy shoe. No more numb feet after 30 mins of riding. I tried all of the above and found them just too narrow.

Dhb are Italian, safe bet on them being narrow, but worth a try at that price.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘road shoes for wide feet’ is closed to new replies.