Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • road routes to and from bristol
  • sockpuppet

i’ve unexpectedly ended up with a few days free while my wife’s away on holiday, and i have some friends to visit.

since i’m riding the Raid Alpine in August, i’m keen to get some long road rides in, so i’ve hatched a tentative plan for a four day tour, oxford to bristol, on to farnham and then down to sevenoaks/orpington, and then either a long day back to oxford, or letting the train take the strain for some of the route back

the stop overs are largely dictated by where the friends i’m visiting live, but the routes are open to suggestions! i’m planning 100+ miles per day, and would like to see some nice countryside, not shying away from hills neither.

any thoughts?

oxford – bristol: maybe swing south round swindon to the ridgeway, then chippenham?

bristol – farnham: via devizes and andover?

farnham – orpington: only about 55 miles on the M25. i was thinking of maybe going via north downs?

orpington – oxford: i’m fairly happy to cuff it, or use the train!

mrmo
    Free Member

For the Oxford to Bristol route, try a variation of Oxford, burford, cheltenham, stroud, bath, bristol. Through the heart of the cotswolds and fairly lumpy. Should be around the 100mark.

nickjb
    Free Member

This is quite good for planning A to B road rides:

http://www.cyclestreets.net/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘road routes to and from bristol’ is closed to new replies.