Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • road bikes…tell me more
  • rig
    Free Member

donr think id like a bike with 24 inch wheels really ! too small..

er – they're 700, full adult size.

molgrips
    Free Member

You seemed to assume it's the only way to ride.

Perhaps the OP doesn't care about speed, and just wants to ride for fun? If so, a triple would help.

And even if they did, hammering up hills is good speed training but very bad base training. If you want to do hardcore base training, you do it for longer, rather than riding faster. If you want to stay in your base zone in the hills, a triple helps there too.

elaineanne
    Free Member

you calling me an op ? lol…i may be a grandma just recently but i ride all the techinical hills/valleys in my hometown and theres plenty of hills to climb..
    my mtb has 26 inch wheels !…

molgrips
    Free Member

OP means original post or original poster…

Simon-E

Hey rig, wake up at the back there please!

Elaine, I was not suggesting you ride 24" wheeled bike, merely indicating the range on the site. Download the size guide if you're looking at an Islabike.

elaineanne
    Free Member

mite try the specialized range if i can find one (they do small sizes or they did with mtb bikes… never heard of those isla bikes until now…unfortunately they are miles away from me !
    phew just had a couple of hours out on the full sus, burnt me sen out this afternoon…duno where i get me energy from sometimes..lol

TheFopster
    Free Member

I hesitate to start everyone off again, but FWIW…

Bought a road bike last year. Went for the double. Wished I hadn't. 95% of time it's fine, but there are a few times when I would have preferred to be able to spin up climbs late in the day.

I'll get my coat…

rig
    Free Member

Hey rig, wake up at the back there please!

Sorry Sir – I'll take 100 lines, 'Must pay more attention in class.' 😀

p.s. Mrs Rig, who'se 5'4" (& 3/4s as she always tells me), happily rides Miss Rig's large framed Luath 700.

Dancake
    Free Member

I had a cheapo Carerra TDF for a bit. It was ace fun, and I could get quite a lick on with it. If I had the time to get out and really put some miles in, I would have kept it for sure. Trouble is time is at a premium and I prefer to spend the spare I had on the MTB.

I used the Road bike for the short commute to work mostly, but it was so easy, I was getting slower on my Mountain Bike if that makes any sense? Swapped it for a rough 456 in the end which I mash there and back in top gear to build the legs up for the SS.

Just yesterday, my mate bought a Caad 8 and I want it now…! And the TDF is on!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘road bikes…tell me more’ is closed to new replies.