Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rim Swap – Will this Work?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

In short I ordered a Nukeproof Generator AM 26″ wheel off ebay and have ended up with a Nukeproof Generator DH 26″ instead. I really wanted a TR wheel but couldn’t find one anywhere.

One solution would be to swap the DH rim to a TR rim. I don’t want to pull the wheel apart until I’ve sorted things out with the seller. Therefore I’ve used the measurements off the Nukeproof website along with the WheelPro spoke calculator.

The Question: can I just swap the rim, or am I looking at new spokes too?

By my calculations the spokes for the TR rim are 4mm shorter. I have no idea if the ERD’s quoted by Nukeproof are accurate. Can anyone help before I start spending more money?

Cheezpleez

4mm is quite a lot. You might just get away with it by using shorter nipples but I wouldn’t count on it.

neilwheel
    Free Member

No chance on reusing the spokes I’m afraid.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

That’s what I thought. Not sure if this is relevant but the spokes are going to be well below the rim tape surface. But presumably I won’t have enough thread to screw the spoke an extra 4mm out. Oh for a cheap spoke thread cutter. Or cheaper spokes!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

No chance on that dude. You can get cheap dt spokes from hand crafted wheels based in Lowestoft on Brooke business park not far from you I’d guess

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Cannondaleking – that’s brilliant! I had never heard of them before. Will pop up there one lunch time.
    Thanks again!

njee20
    Free Member

You ordered one thing and ended up with something else? Why **** about swapping rims etc?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Certainly more hassle that I wanted. But a rim swap means I end up with the wheel I wanted. Returning the wheel for a refund means I still have no wheel. I cannot find the wheel I want anywhere. Seller has agreed to cover the extra cost so worked out ok in the end.

njee20
    Free Member

Fair enough!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rim Swap – Will this Work?’ is closed to new replies.