Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Right or Privilege to live in the UK?
  • tyger
    Free Member

Just wondering what folk think these days – also, anyone thought about if bringing back National Service would be a good for young people?

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s a nice theory.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

also, anyone thought about if bringing back National Service would be a good for young people?

might be good for some young people. Less good for the armed forces that had to look after people that didn’t want to be there.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

damn bad luck i’d say!

yossarian
    Free Member

I didn’t choose to be born here.

I choose to live here.

My allegiance is not to the state but to the people, the land and their shared heritage.

You won’t find someone who loves these island more.

You won’t find me going overseas to kill muslim farmers either.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Which people? Are you advocating throwing UK citizens out of the county? Where to?

There should be an equivalent of godwins law for “bringing back National Service”

El-bent
    Free Member

As said before, the military doesn’t want people who don’t want to be there, they have a difficult job to do for us already.

Besides, we shouldn’t burden them our societies problems because we don’t want the responsibility ourselves.

RealMan
    Free Member

might be good for some young people. Less good for the armed forces that had to look after people that didn’t want to be there.

What happened in the old days when people didn’t want to be there?

Right or Privilege to live in the UK?

Sort of sounds like you want to start deporting criminals back to Australia or whatever again.

Edric64
    Free Member

We could put all the scum in the army as cannon fodder .Then our decent highly trained soldiers wont get killed needlessly

lazybike
    Free Member

I used to think National service was a good idea, but do we really want to take the dissafected youth and teach them to kill… maybe fire brigade or something.

donsimon
    Free Member

If you can find the money to put them through the army or the fire service, find the money to give them jobs. Apparently it is that easy.

emsz
    Free Member

bringing back National Service would be a good for young people?

really? why? what would a spell in the Army teach me exactly?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think you would make a lovely soldier emsz

Klunk
    Free Member

to be grateful for being so privileged.

toby1

emsz, it’d teach you to handle a firearm and about explosives, just like a recent Norweigan madman … national service, genius!

Neutering scumbags, now there’s a highly appealing idea … flame me all you like but I have a point.

emsz
    Free Member

Privileged? really? wow. How about a peacefully version, planting flowers, knitting for old biddies, that sort of thing?

Thanks TJ, I’m not certain green is my colour though. 😀

MSP

Klunk – Member

to be grateful for being so privileged.

The children of the privileged usually don’t have to bother with such schemes.

tyger
    Free Member

Wouldn’t National Service teach them self respect, discipline, respect for others…etc.?

emsz
    Free Member

MSP, my dad works in a warehouse, my mum is a hairdresser, does that make me the child of privilege then?

Mind you, GF went to private school, and has her dad’s credit card, she might need a spell in the army, LOL

emsz
    Free Member

Tyger I did gymnastics from 6 to about 16, that taught me all about discipline, and hard work, thanks.

tyger
    Free Member

emsz – not talking about being privileged

lazybike
    Free Member

tyger, you don’t live in a garrison town do you.. 😉

tyger
    Free Member

Okay great! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Privileged? really? wow. How about a peacefully version, planting flowers, knitting for old biddies, that sort of thing?

your a subject so you’ll do what your fooking well told to do and without the back chat !

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Emsz – are you sure?

Klunk
    Free Member

you’re just trying to scare him now

mrmo
    Free Member

i can see some good in enforced community service, but i suspect that those who would accept it aren’t the ones you are trying to integrate into the community.

emsz
    Free Member

Nice hat!!

druidh
    Free Member

I don’t see why National Service would have to be restricted to the military…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m not certain green is my colour though.

What about pink camo, Emsz?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Which people? Are you advocating throwing UK citizens out of the county? Where to?
    Can I be sent to Vancouver please?

I used to think National service was a good idea, but do we really want to take the dissafected youth and teach them to kill… maybe fire brigade or something.

I know, send em down the.. er.. mines 😕

tyger
    Free Member

I might be wrong but I’m guessing that most of you haven’t served in the forces – from personal experience it teaches you life skills, gives you confidence in yourself and creates a sense or worth – these are what I’m perceiving as missing from so many young people these days. Nation Service is not just about training people to kill and use firearms – other countries have it and it helps youngsters to grow up and respect themselves and others.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Don’t wanna be controversial here but **** off squaddie.

MSP

neninja – Member

There are a few soldiers on another forum I go on. They are itching to get brought in for a good ruck

Yeah national service would really calm them down.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Don’t wanna be controversial here but **** off squaddie.

Have I missed something? How about some respect?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I have actually done National Service (in the army). As much as I got out of it, I don’t think it is a good idea. The money would be better spent elsewhere.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    I don’t see why National Service would have to be restricted to the military…

This.

We could have a squadron of youngsters working in the forests and hills making better mountain biking trails.

But really… it’s a right to live here.

CHB

Living in this country is a privilege. Its not perfect, but try living in Rwanda or Vietnam or Brazil if you thing we have a bad country with severe inequality.

MSP

Yeah and we could give them a proper wage and call it a job, so who is prepared to pay for job creation through taxation?

(I am by the way)

bruneep

F’cough

Why? I’ve enough problems with those who want to be in FS!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Right or Privilege to live in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.