Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding near Carslisle?
  • tops5
    Free Member

Got a 1 1/2 – 2 hr drive for a 10min meeting at Southwaite services on Tuesday, thought I may as well get a ride in up that way – where's best nearby?

langylad
    Free Member

Newcastleton is about half an hour up the A7 just over the border, i was there for a quick blast yesterday with the family so only got to do the blue, but it was good fun.

leebaxter
    Free Member

your best bet is ullswater, which is a short drive from southwaite. Tuesday will be quietish too.

boxelder

Or the route in the recent ST Mag from Tebay services. Not very XC Gnarr, but some nice quiet trails in buff condition at the moment.

If using sat nav, there's only one 's' in Carlisle.
    😉

Trekster

Whinlatter if you want a safe, easy ride round a trail centre.
    Borrowdale Bash
    Various Skiddaw options
    Cross Fell or Bowderdale/Calf for some wilderness riding. See simonralli s posting from the other day.
    Kentmere rides from Staveley with the added bonus of a visit to Wheelbase and Wilfs Cafe for post ride food.

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks trekster – think I'll give whinlatter a go

fishboy
    Free Member

I would go for ullswater too, drive to askham south of penrith, up the hill to the very top, down to the cockpit (stone circle) then down to howtown. Up to martindale, cheeky fp then back up the same way to the cockpit. Fast grassy descent to car to finish.
    Cockpit to howtown v good descent. Will take a couple of hours without any dramas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Carslisle?’ is closed to new replies.