Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding insurance
  • shanta
    Free Member

Hi

Been looking at getting some insurance i case of any crashes etc as i am self employed. Can anyone recommend any particular insurers, Been look at Totally Sports Insurance, any goog?

Cheers

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Insurance for what where? cycling abroad? Commuting?
    Look at British Cycling or CTC.

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry, do you want personal accident insurance in case you damage yourself, third party liability insurance in case you damage someone else, or legal expenses insurance in case someone else damages you?

shanta
    Free Member

To cover myself for injury in the UK.

irc

I think the OP means insurance to replace his income if he can’t work after a crash.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1583955/Permanent-health-insurance.html

wolfenstein
    Free Member

any accident insurance would cover that, well that’s what I’ve been told by my accident insurance, they say they cover me or get compensated.. something like that with METLIFE

shanta
    Free Member

I would need critical cover , personal liability and some sort of income pay out.

br
    Free Member

I looked into this and it’s not cheap

shanta
    Free Member

Being more specific, i am self employed so need something to support me whilst not earning. Also something to cover person liability and damage to the bike.

footflaps

The income replacement bit if you’re injured won’t be cycling specific.

Generally very expensive for an individual to take out as the insurance companies expect a lot of fraud from things that are hard to diagnose e.g. back pain, whip lash etc and people who just want to get paid to not work and see insurance as a golden ticket. Ironically it’s very cheap for employers to provide it to employees as a perk.

MoreCashThanDash

Used to love busting personal accident fraudsters back in the day. I remember the look on a solicitors face when he saw his wheelchair bound client moving concrete fencing posts on our surveillance video. 😈

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding insurance’ is closed to new replies.