Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding in the New Forest
  • Coyote
    Free Member

I'm going to be in Fawley working this week and will probably be stopping in Lyndhurst. Thinking of throwing the bike in the back of the car just on the off chance that I can get out in the evenings. Anyone know what riding is available in the immediate area?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bring it down to Poole Tuesday or Wednesday evening and you're on.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Buckland Rings outside Lymington

Might be worth a detour – a wee jumps/trials site that's not too far from Fawley It's just behind the railway bridge that you go under on your way into Lymington.

DT78
    Free Member

I'd only head to the rings if you're into DJ – I went there last year and for a mincer like me there wasn't much I could actually ride!

If the weathers nice I'll be out and about in Lordswood weds evening so could show you around if you like – my normal loop is about 1.5hrs round there.

Rest of the NF is pretty nice to trundle round to get in the miles but nothing very thrilling (or at least I haven't found anything!)

owenfackrell
    Free Member

There is some stuff but the forest is mostly flat. You can ride between lyndhurst and fawley easily. There is also a short easy ride on the hants web site starting in fawley, it's quite short but you can loop around it a few times. I use this if I don't have a lot of time for riding as I live in Blackfield and it more or less passes my front door.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the New Forest’ is closed to new replies.