Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding in Ayr- road or mtb?
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’m heading over to Ayr for 4 days tomorrow. I’m bringing a bike to get some miles in. Question is what bike? The roadie or the MTB?

If anyone runs any night rides I’d be very grateful if I could tag along, otherwise I’ll pound the road miles or even just go running.

Cheers.

The-Beard

I’d take the MTB then ride it on the roads… Seriously, them roads are rough. 😉

Shak47

Nice Road loop down the coast to almost Culzean and then back up the Maybole back road, know as the Pennyglen loop.
    Ayr Roads CC have a club ride (roadies) from Beresford terrace in Ayr on the Sunday morning at 09:30.
    The local tri club ayrodynamics have a saturday road ride I think as well.
    Alternativley if you have a car, not too far to drive to Drumlanrig, Mabie or Kiroughtree for some MTB action an hour or so each way.

More locally Troon woods is okay for a muddy hour or so on the MTB, or even up the carrick hills outside Ayr.

hainman
    Free Member

what about the hills round about the heads of ayr and electric brae??
    http://www.mtbroutessws.com/BrownCarrick.html

polodingalong
    Free Member

YHM

There is a fairly new mtb club running on Wednesday evenings, best searching facebook for ayr mountainbike club for info on runs.

Also I might be going a night run to Kirroughtree on Friday if you’re interested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Ayr- road or mtb?’ is closed to new replies.